Whats New Tab not working

Forum suggestions, help and advice.
The2ems

Re: Whats New Tab not working

Post by The2ems » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:50 am

davew wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:55 pm
My main dissatisfaction so far is that with the previous version we could go straight to viewing "Whats New" which showed the latest posts for many threads, going back to a date (I think) for which the most recent post was actually several weeks ago.

Now, we can either scroll down in the "Forum" page to see a list (but this is only apparently shows 5 topics for the last couple of days)...

OR select "Whats New" - to get an on screen message that "the board requires you to be registered and sign in to view new posts since your last visit"

Then having signed in : we can only see just one single message - the most recent one to the whole forum.

Either way, not really worth the steps to get there and not particularly informative, especially compared to the previous version.
I think it's always been the case that you have to be logged in to view new posts. And there is an option to automatically log in on each visit, so that shouldn't really be a problem. If I click on the drop down and select view unread, I get all of the unread posts from the forum. I can't see why you would only see one post, unless there was only one new post available.
I'm not saying I like the new format better than the old, because I don't. Normally, when you click a link, you get some sort of animation, to show that you have clicked, or touched if using an iPad. With this new navigation, the only way you know is by the progress bar, and the fact that you actually go to the page you have clicked the link for. Does that make sense?
PureTec 82 manual, Feel, Shark Grey, Black air bumps, City camera pack

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:00 am

Yeah, basically you have to be logged in otherwise the system doesn't know what's new since you were last here.

Anyway, I've now changed it back to active topics which is what I think it linked to before.

Cheers
Rob

davew

Post by davew » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:11 am

Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:00 am
Yeah, basically you have to be logged in otherwise the system doesn't know what's new since you were last here.

Anyway, I've now changed it back to active topics which is what I think it linked to before.

Cheers
Rob
Many thanks Rob,
That's much better now - so much easier to follow the various threads.

Return to “Website Issues”