Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Delivery Time from Factory

11K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  norto 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've been told that my new Cactus is to leave the factory today. Does anyone know where the factory is (France I assume?) and more importantly how long it takes to get from the factory to the show room? (situated in the South East). It would be great to hear from you :)

#4 ·
My experience would be different as I live in Turkey and it had to be shipped to France and then on to Istanbul in Turkey, where it was in customs a day or so from there it had to be shipped to Fethiye in Southern Turkey. I think that took about three weeks in total.

I would expect yours to be probably shipped to Southampton, and then transported from there.

#7 ·
What is going on when cars reach the UK?

Citroen told me my car landed in the UK on 17th February, then my dealer told me to expect delivery on 21st March, subsequently changed that to 28th March and then now confirmed for 17th March.

I ordered a VW in 2013, and it took 3 days to get from Sheerness to my dealer and further 4 days to be handed over to me.

#8 ·
My Mondeo took 3 weeks from the factory only for the delivery driver to prang it when taking it off the car transporter!
My Abarth 500 took 4 weeks once it had arrived at the docks in the UK.
The broker has said my car will be built in March and to expect delivery end of April to middle of May.

#9 ·
norto said:
Your car has been in the UK for a month?! Wow, that must be so frustrating for you! Are you still looking at receiving your car within the estimated 12 week turn around? When did you place your order?
Ordered 8th Jan, estimated delivery at that time was 6-8 weeks.
I think part of the delay at this end is the PI check also I suspect that the dealers massage the delivery dates to meet their monthly quotas ( but then that is the conspiracy theorist within me )

#12 ·
I ordered 15th Oct ready for the Dec/Jan build so hoped for end of Dec. I actually got a phone call saying it would more than likely end of Jan, then out of the blue another call saying it was in Sheerness which was 22nd Jan. Customs take about a week so expect 3 weeks. Another phone call on 24th Jan saying that the garage was getting on Mon 26th and I picked up on the 27th Jan. I guess I was very lucky and got in early enough. Maybe its down to more people wanting to wait for the new reg No that has created a bottle neck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.