Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Can anyone tell me if the 12V cigarette lighter socket auto shuts off after any period of time? Same with the lights (external and / or internal)?

Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
12 volt socket shuts off when the electrics go into 'ECO' mode. External lights should still operate. You get up to 45 minutes, depending on how long the engine has been running.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Dadioglasgow, I'm looking at installing a dashcam and would be nice if I could just leave it plugged in, if the electrics turn off it sounds like I can then.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a dash cam but I just plug it in after the engine has started and unplug after the ignition is turned off. Reason is, upon starting it can be a little unstable i.e turn key its on, turn again to start its off, when engine has started it switches back on again.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just out of interest, which dash cam did you go for? I want to install one when I pick my car up, and have looked at a few...there seem to be so many, and would be good to know how yours is performing!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I bought a Snooper DVR 3HD, it also does speed cameras, very pleased with it, the others I have are a Snooper DVR 2HD and a roadhawk in our other vehicles ( to lazy to keep moving one to another ) all equally as good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts