Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I ordered my Cactus on Tuesday, always wanted a yellow car (favourite colour!) so chose that with black airbumps, black alloys, and red mirrors and insert. One of my colleagues saw the configurator pic and said it looked like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, so I guess it will be The Turtle.

You all seem mostly to have gone for the 110bhp engine, I tested the 82 and it seemed fine. I'm moving on from a Xsara Desire hatch which had 110bhp on a much heavier car, so I'm hoping I won't notice too much difference. I mainly do short journeys and drive my 80yo mum around. One of the main concerns was whether she could get in and out but she found the increased height difference from the Xsara much better.

Can't wait to pick up my Turtle!

Honeybuzzard (HB)

Registered
I had a 1.6i Xsara and my Cactus has noticeably more acceleration :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply! You do have the larger engine though! :D

When I got back in my Xsara after driving the Cactus, the steering felt really heavy, I think the Cactus will be a big improvement.

HB

Registered
When I test drove the 82bhp, I thought it was the 110, such was its zip and verve!
Because of it's lightness, the Cactus is very quick off the mark, I've had a full car (3 adults, 2 kids) and not had any issues with sluggishness, up hill or on the flat

Registered
I test drove the 82 as well and it would have been the engine size I preferred however I went for a pre-built car as it was only 2 weeks delivery and it came with the 110 engine. Oddly the 110bhp model has no UK road tax whereas the 82bhp model apparently does (only 拢20 p/a though).

I wouldn't turn my car away as it seriously shifts into light speed when you floor it, but the 82bhp model would probably have been better for my kids to be insured on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! Sounds like the 82 will be fine. Love the boot-up screen, I suppose mine will be the one with red mask! I'd better look up which that is, Donatello?

HB

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had an update, the Turtle will be leaving the factory on Jume 9th so I can expect to have it by the end of June or beginning of July, so 6 weeks early. I'm very excited!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked up my Turtle today. I'm really happy with it, and as with the test drive I did, the steering is so much lighter than my Xsara. Can't believe how shiny the yellow paint is, either. Must buy some cloths for wiping grubby fingerprints away! :D

Attachments

Registered
The red bits look great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts