Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seem to be upcoming C4 cactus changes... so trying to find out all possible information about that. So far that's what is known:

Cactus4us said:
Here are some informations about rear seats split (possibly apply to EU versions, too):
http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015/medium-passenger/citroen/c4/citroen-irons-out-c4-cactus-isofix-issue-54224
More http://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/news/2015/citroen/c4/citroen-c4-cactus-to-be-sub-30k-53453
"The split/folding seat design prompted by our tether requirements has resulted in the design becoming a global offering from next year."

Not much details. Has anyone seen more information about other changes beside this one?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
That was one thing I saw mentioned loads in reviews as a bad point (no split rear seats) but I cannot see what all the fuss is about - it does not bother me at all

·
Registered
43 Posts
We originally didn't have it due to cost and weight issues. However, it's a requirement for Australia. Maybe due to additional isofix mounts. (not sure), so I guess they are just upgrading every one along with the Australian changes.

·
Registered
735 Posts
So what essential does one put in the restricted L-shaped space next to the third passenger? :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
I checked with my dealer today about the new split rear folding seats. He confirmed he had heard the new rear seats were going to the production line in November but he simply does not know if they will be installed into my car. He also indicated they will only find out when the car is delivered.

Not essential for me but would be a nice to have... Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mentioned on other threads changes also include:

New Jelly Red colour (flat)
Red interior option
Chrome wing mirrors
Detailing decal sets

·
Registered
626 Posts
As a suggestion and from experience of contributing to other car related forums, it might be worth putting together a small sticky about the 2016 revision and updates compared to the initial release.

Invariably we will get people arriving to the forum asking questions if/should their potential new/second hand purchase have xyz fitted or not.

·
Registered
472 Posts
As a thought, the current Cactus is based on the fact that they've stripped out unnessesary equipment to get the weight down. I did read a list of items they took out and it was surprising how heavy each item was. Now I'm wondering where this could end up if the 'split/fold seat' does go ahead. Will it lead to other add ons, which in turn would gradually put the weight back up and defeat the object of keeping the weight down and getting the fuel consumption down as a result. Hmmm!! What do you think?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Chrome wing mirrors ??? :?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Really not refering to chromed mirrors as weight will probably be measured in gramms. Some of the items i.e rear window mechanisms were approx 6kg, so they ditched those in favour of hinged. I think you've totally missed my point

·
Registered
64 Posts
The split folding rear bench is an interesting one if as has been mentioned it becomes a standard feature and even more interesting to see how my car ends up! Expecting delivery (after epic wait) start of november.

To be honest I'm happy with either, obviously I bought the car knowing the rear had a full bench. It does however make the car for me slightly more versitile on those few times a year you need to carry one of the children, the wife and a big box (probably from Ikea!)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did anyone else notice that the strap detail, second glovebox latch detail and non slip bumps have gone off the version in the pics?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts