Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am interested in the 82BHP non turbo petrol version of the Citroen Cactus because that's what my budget allows me.

It is a very light car so on paper 82bhp should be sufficient for some normal performance.

I have 2 friends that own a Cactus but unfortunately theirs are both diesels, so I can't ask them the questions I am asking here.

What I would like to know is about how much MPG do you get running around in a city?? And is that engine enough?? or does the engine feel stressed when going up a hill or a quick overtake.

I am not expecting some extra ordinary performance, but I certainly do not want an engine that is underpowered and has to work hard all the time.

Thanks, Kevin.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the 82 auto, so although not exactly the same it might give you some idea.

I do mostly short runs with the odd 40 to 50 mile journey, I am currently averaging according to the onboard around 48mpg.

Around town it isn't stressed at all and even on long hills it copes well. He only time It has had to work hard is on steep twisty roads where it wouldn't get out of 2nd gear, also as I live in Turkey these are minor roads so not best maintained with numerous potholes so maybe not a true reflection.

To give you a comparison I used to have a 1.4 Fiat Punto manual which was I think a little heavier but only had 72hp and is no worse than that but a lot easier and more comfortable to drive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm very happy with the performance so far. Mine is being used around London and i get about 40mpg. I went to Brighton last weekend on the motorway and found it very comfortable and nippy. No issues overtaking and hills were not a problem. I think if your budget is for the 82 then you'll be very happy with it :)

Tony

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your comments.

The above opinions confirm to me that not only on paper, but in reality it's performance is enough for normal and average every day use.

I will test drive one with the same spec engine from my local agent. But the one I will test will be brand new, so the engine will be stiff and it will feel a bit slower and most probably disappoint me. So thats why I need your opinions from where ever you are in the world!!

More opinions will be appreciated... Thanks.
-Kev.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the 82 with the ETG box. I average in town about 44mpg. The performance is more than adequate even when new and we have a few hilly, twisty roads here in Scotland.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Angus. The twisty hills of Scotland are certainly a good comparison for what I want.

Anyone else who have a Petrol 1.2, 82bhp can give me their opinion plss?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I took my 82 etg from Cardiff to Edinburgh non stop last week and home again the next day. The car is awesome, cruise control set at 75-80 and it didn't waver a bit going up and down all the hills through the lake district without straining at all. It still had punch left in it to pass lorries and strange drivers. I didn't even feel the need to have a break and when I arrived had no fatigue at all (just under 7 hours driving). It only feels a little underpowered trying to pull away from junctions quickly when required but am not bothered by it. The cross country A road over to Edinburgh from the motorway was one of the best drives I've ever had in a car, using the shift paddles on the corners. Averaged about 48mpg.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have the 82Hp and I am very happy with the car! First I was also quite doubtful but now I am very happy. Over here in Germany I have no problems on the "Autobahn" to follow the fast traffic (and the traffic is very fast here!!). As you probably know, we have no speed limits. My Cactus easily accelerates to 160Km/h and from there it may take awhile to reach 180Km/h. The fuel consumption I can only tell in kilometers. It is very good around 5,8 liters/100Km. The acceleration in my opinion ist amazingly good for such a tiny block, seems like the little engine even has torque. Accelerating in the 4th gear from 50 Km/h up is definitely not bad. But in the end, the Cactus remains a cruising vehicle, it's not meant for impatient people.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And here I am at the Citroen showroom waiting to order it.

Your comments confirmed what i thought.
Tnx.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the Feel spec version and I added Shark Grey metallic, stone grey Airbumps, Rear camera with parking sensors, and rear red decal. Spare wheel included.

It will cost me around 17,000 Euros.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Kevin said:
I got the Feel spec version and I added Shark Grey metallic, stone grey Airbumps, Rear camera with parking sensors, and rear red decal. Spare wheel included.

It will cost me around 17,000 Euros.
About 12500 uk pounds , did you wangle a good discount ?

Tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.