Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am really excited about taking delivery of my Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2e-Hdi 92PS Flair ETG in a weeks time, but at the same time really worried about the 'auto' gear box. I have only ever driven cars with a fully automatic gearbox but am reading in all sorts of reviews that this is not going to be same and that the gear box is rubbish. Am i right to be worried ???? I really hope not as i have been so looking forward to this car.

G

·
Linds57 said:
Hi all, I am really excited about taking delivery of my Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2e-Hdi 92PS Flair ETG in a weeks time, but at the same time really worried about the 'auto' gear box. I have only ever driven cars with a fully automatic gearbox but am reading in all sorts of reviews that this is not going to be same and that the gear box is rubbish. Am i right to be worried ???? I really hope not as i have been so looking forward to this car.
I read all the bad reports before getting mine ( albeit for 6 the speed in the diesel) but after a test drive I couldn't understand why. I have the ETG 5 speed in the petrol and cannot fault it at all. It changes gear really smoothly with the added advantage of the steering wheel paddle if you want to change up or down.

I'm sure as long as you don't try to and pull away like a grand prix car you will not have any problems. On the odd occasion I have used the kick down I still found it smooth.

Did you not have a test drive :?:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thank you so much for your positive response, i will let you know how i get on when mine arrives.

I didn't have a test drive as this is the only automatic option available to me on our Company car scheme so i have no choice.

Are the buttons ok to manage ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I read the downsides about the Gearbox and when I got mine 14 months ago no problem whatsoever and I don't know what the fuss is all about. I love the car and the Cactus ETG6 is good. It does improve with age and after the first service you will notice that it gets better. No problems with the car and the mpg gets better as the engine wears in. I have had 72mpg going from Manchester to Newcastle so no complaints.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The touch screen does take a little while to get used to. You will find something different nearly every day. If your Company buying a fleet?. The reason that I am saying it is you can download for all the cameras and red ones on to a memory stick for about £8-00 for all your car's with Satnav 's on the Mycitroen site.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I also read some reviews and most were very positive but I did read some stuff like wooly gearbox and noisy diesel engine..... All total nonsense. I have always made sure any car I own has a good gearbox (had lots of Jap cars) and this Cactus is easily one of the best and the diesel engine is very quiet so don't believe all reviews

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, thank you all for your responses. I took delivery of my 'NuNu' as i call my car, on Monday the 21st March and i do love it. I am still a little bit concerned about the gear box but i guess i'll get used to it. I especially don't like the roll back i get - don't get that on a fully automatic car - but i will have to deal with that one.
Maybe having a 1.2 doesn't help but again i had no choice.

G

·
Linds57 said:
I am still a little bit concerned about the gear box but i guess i'll get used to it. I especially don't like the roll back i get - don't get that on a fully automatic car - but i will have to deal with that one.Maybe having a 1.2 doesn't help but again i had no choice.
Hi Linds, what do find strange with the gearbox and what do you exactly mean by roll back. :?:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi Linda, You should have Hill Start Assist on your Nunu. You don't really need to use the handbrake much other than parking. You need to go to a hill stop put your foot on the brake and you have 2 seconds which is ample. Practice it a bit and not use the handbrake going up or down. I did exactly the same as you but now rarely use the handbrake at all. Practice it and you'll never look back. Enjoy!. By the way what colour have you got?.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts