Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Recently I bought a C4 Cactus 2018, 1.6 HDi and I can say that so far it is amazing. But two things lacks:
  • front parking sensors
  • rear camera

I know that a real driver don't need these, but I live on a really narrow street and this might save me sometimes. The thing is that I already have rear parking sensors. Isn't there a way to extend this module and add new ones to the front? Also, how hard can it be to add a rear camera and where can I find these parts? I also have a very hard time finding some diagrams to follow and sometimes even parts or modules, but i think i can borrow from Peugeot, some might be the same.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
240 Posts
Hello and welcome!

The front parking sensors came as part of a "CityPark" pack that could be specified when the cars were new, it added auto parking that used the front sensors to measure the space etc - I'm not sure how feasible it is to add this at a later date with the price of Citroen parts but it was a £350 option back in the day - there was some discussion about it fairly recently here and I'm sure it will have been discussed before if you use the search facility to view older posts.

Rear cameras can be purchased separately (about £250 from Citroen for just the camera IIRC) but I'm not sure what other parts you'd need from Citroen to make it work and if there are any software changes needed, others will be able to advise as it's been discussed quite a bit in the past, but I suspect it's CAN based, needs dedicated wiring that your existing loom can support and might even have its own "ECU" to make it all work. After market camera kits also exist that integrate with the screen and even add curved parking guides etc, again it's been discussed on here previously with Ali Express being given as a source for them.

The big question for me on these is if your wiring harness can accept the extra items, if it can't then it's probably a non-starter of a project without some serious changes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome!

The front parking sensors came as part of a "CityPark" pack that could be specified when the cars were new, it added auto parking that used the front sensors to measure the space etc - I'm not sure how feasible it is to add this at a later date with the price of Citroen parts but it was a £350 option back in the day - there was some discussion about it fairly recently here and I'm sure it will have been discussed before if you use the search facility to view older posts.

Rear cameras can be purchased separately (about £250 from Citroen for just the camera IIRC) but I'm not sure what other parts you'd need from Citroen to make it work and if there are any software changes needed, others will be able to advise as it's been discussed quite a bit in the past, but I suspect it's CAN based, needs dedicated wiring that your existing loom can support and might even have its own "ECU" to make it all work. After market camera kits also exist that integrate with the screen and even add curved parking guides etc, again it's been discussed on here previously with Ali Express being given as a source for them.

The big question for me on these is if your wiring harness can accept the extra items, if it can't then it's probably a non-starter of a project without some serious changes.
Thank you for your answer.

I did my documentation and yeah, seems like each of those need an ECU. I don't know why they designed it so complicated...
For the parking sensors, i don't think there's an after market solution. I was, on the other hand, thinking about buying the same module as for the backup sensors, but i cannot find any diagram to see how can i plug it in for the front.
For the camera there is a 200$ plugin module with frontal camera as well on aliexpress. I don't know if it's worth it or not. For some cars is less thanks to their design (like for my dad's sandero or my brother's chevy - just plug it in and voilla).
Dont get it why is so hard to find diagrams for this car. I've been looking a lot to see how can I pop off my mirror wing to replace it and i still used my intuition...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts