Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I have the Flair Model in Shark met. grey with black air bumps. The car has guardx protection. My problem is the air bumps have white marks
on them when it drys after washing. Has anyone had this problem and did you solve it.
By the way after 2months of having this car someone tried to break in.
Most annoyed, I am now fitting an alarm sooner than I expected to or could afford to.
Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Proton22, I have had this issue before - I dont know how big your problem is (I have had 3 or 4 spots at about 2-4cm diameter), I used a white eraser which worked a dream. - let me know if this works for you! :) Good luck

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have found that Triplewax Black in a flash works very well.

·
Registered
266 Posts
As to the attempted break-in, some muppet probably mistook the touch screen for an iPad that had been left in :-(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I will try them all. As for for the break-in I agree with Dadioglasgow maybe a big sign is needed? Incase anyone is not aware if you are fitting an alarm system not any alarm will do, it has to be a Canbus system and a Citroen/Peugeot dealer has to active the system to accept the alarm.
They are the only ones that do this and they are charging me £53 for a 15-20 min job. Hope this helps someone. Take care all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As others have said you can use a standard pencil eraser to remove the marks, however you should find that peanut butter works really well too! Just apply it, leave it for a few seconds and then rub a clean cloth over the area. After drying the mark should be gone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do NOT do as I do ...But.... We had water marks on the air bumps and I tried Silicone spray on a cloth and it works ... it probably invalidates the warranty and will rot the plastic so do it at your own risk not that I said so!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've been useing Auto Glym rubber/vinyl bumper care, in the green bottle. Been useing it for years on classic cars and it brings the airbumps etc up like new with very little effort.

·
Registered
626 Posts
cactusjack said:
I've been useing Auto Glym rubber/vinyl bumper care, in the green bottle. Been useing it for years on classic cars and it brings the airbumps etc up like new with very little effort.
^seconded!

You can apply it and leave for a 'Matt' appearance or rub a dry cloth over following application for a more glossy sheen.

It has good lasting power and maintains the appearance of plastic/ vinyl trim preventing long term uv damage.

Worth every penny.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks cactusjack, I purchased some Auto Glym and it worked very well, really pleased with results thanks for your input I would recommend this product as well. Proton22

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.