Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one but I noticed the air bump panel on the front passenger door had come away at one end I had to re fit it, cars only 8 weeks old so something to keep an eye on.
Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hmm, I don't have the car yet though this is one of my concerns. How exactly are the Airbump panels fitted and could they be easily taken off by someone who fancied stealing them, or was just being an idiot?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had a bump in mine recently and the airbumps did work and it was fixed in 2 days so the practical side of the airbumps worked fine.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Something to keep an eye on....

As for someone taking them off as long as no one knows how easy they are to remove we should be OK... A lot of bits on cars are actually quite easy to remove when you know how

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I'm sure it's very handy when the garage need to change/ repair , I was just surprised it had come away so soon, been keeping a eye on it and it hasn't happened again, I'll let you know if it does

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just out of interest, don't suppose you saw what was behind the panel?

I have a very small "material like" (looks similar to Tyvek) piece poking out from behind the lower edge of the front OSF door....just wondered if this was a weather panel being the Airbump or something?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Zut alors! video avec superb Cactooose!

E' merde! il ne' parle Francais!

Donde est la translatamonte angleterre por fa vor!

·
Registered
1 Posts
@mellowyellow

I've just changed all my air bumps from cream to black.

The front and back bumps are secured with rivets.

The door panels are held in with panel clips and each one has one nut that can be accessed through the inside of the door.

The front nuts can be found hiding behind a Round, black sticker and the rear door has a rubber cap on the hinge end covering the nut.

The panels are quite easy to rip off but those nuts will hold on to a corner and cause damage if forced.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi LDN,

Thanks very much for the info and for posting the photo, that is useful to know.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
273 Posts
The airbumps on both sides of mine are very slightly lifted at the corner by the door handles. Car is 2.5 years old. Since I can't see how to fix it, I'm ignoring it for now. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Coypars said:
Had two of the air bumps on mine that were lifting got them fixed at Citroen garage under warranty.Just stuck them down with some form of glue I think.
Ah thanks. I'll try it with dealer. My dealer doesn't seem keen to do anything under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a 66 plate Grey Blue HDi two days ago. This morning found that the airbumps on the passenger side have been vandalised. Big gouge all the way down. Can any one point me in the direction of replacements?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Joseefus said:
Bought a 66 plate Grey Blue HDi two days ago. This morning found that the airbumps on the passenger side have been vandalised. Big gouge all the way down. Can any one point me in the direction of replacements?
Currently there are some pre-owned ones on ebay uk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.