Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Need some help, had the cactus for 6 months and recently in this British 'heatwave' I've noticed that the air-conditioning doesn't appear to work. No matter if I choose fan or AC the same air blows out even when I move it all the way to the end of the blue marker.

Anyone experience this? I've kind of noticed this before.. But didn't bother as it wasn't hot until this week. Now I think it may never have worked. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
348 Posts
A/C repairers use a flexible thermometer that they stick down the car ducting to get a true measure of the effectiveness of the A/C before regassing if applicable. So it should be easy to get a check and a new car should be able to get the air-vent temp down to single figs (celsius) if working correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah. Thanks, so if it's within the 1 year new car warranty I should book it in with citroen and they will do it for free? Or just take it to any local garage.

·
Registered
709 Posts
kungfusu3 said:
Ah. Thanks, so if it's within the 1 year new car warranty I should book it in with citroen and they will do it for free? Or just take it to any local garage.
1 year new car warranty? runs 3 years from registration, I think.

·
Registered
626 Posts
davew said:
kungfusu3 said:
1 year new car warranty? runs 3 years from registration, I think.
From registration 2 year Manufacturer, 3rd year is with your dealer.

I suspect the fault is related to the control mechanism for diverting the cooled and hot air into the cabin. A small servo and gearbox is located behind the dash and is a common failure for C4s, C4 Picassos and some of the Citroens and Peugeots that share the component.

Not say it IS the cause but its likely given the symptoms. Typically one vent will be cold, another warm.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It is 3 years from Citroen really, they just call it 2 years Citroen and 1 year dealer because they only get 2 years elsewhere in Europe and they don't want them to feel ripped off with less warranty (though they are).

Just checking, have you tried it with the fan turned up high, my sister always used to say her air con didn't work by she just had the fan set on 1 so the air dribbled out and felt the same. Air con works best with a good gust of air through it. It's not the coldest system I've felt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We get a 6 year, unlimited kilometer warranty in Australia. How good is that!

·
Registered
709 Posts
BristolRich said:
I suspect the fault is related to the control mechanism for diverting the cooled and hot air into the cabin. A small servo and gearbox is located behind the dash and is a common failure for C4s, C4 Picassos and some of the Citroens and Peugeots that share the component.

Not say it IS the cause but its likely given the symptoms. Typically one vent will be cold, another warm.
On this topic, also see the item "Why on earth is my heater / aircon hot on one side and cold on the other?" at this web site :
http://www.eurocarcare.net/faults.html.

·
Registered
328 Posts
kungfusu3 said:
Hi everyone. Need some help, had the cactus for 6 months and recently in this British 'heatwave' I've noticed that the air-conditioning doesn't appear to work. No matter if I choose fan or AC the same air blows out even when I move it all the way to the end of the blue marker.

Anyone experience this? I've kind of noticed this before.. But didn't bother as it wasn't hot until this week. Now I think it may never have worked. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Not sure what you mean by blue marker, where is that? I press AC and I set the temp to LO on the touch screen

·
Registered
725 Posts
Blactus said:
kungfusu3 said:

Thanks in advance.
Not sure what you mean by blue marker, where is that? I press AC and I set the temp to LO on the touch screen
I imagine the blue marker is the temperature indicator. Red one end, blue the other.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The2ems said:
Blactus said:
kungfusu3 said:

Thanks in advance.
I imagine the blue marker is the temperature indicator. Red one end, blue the other.
Where is the temperature indicator? Think I'm missing something

·
Registered
472 Posts
If yours is a Flair you don't have a blue/red bar, its automatic. Different system, I test drove a touch or feel I forget now and that had it. When we got our Flair I couldn't see it anywhere it was much later I realised its just on the lower levels.

·
Registered
725 Posts
cactusjack said:
If yours is a Flair you don't have a blue/red bar, its automatic. Different system, I test drove a touch or feel I forget now and that had it. When we got our Flair I couldn't see it anywhere it was much later I realised its just on the lower levels.
I didn't know that. Now I feel like a lowly owner :(

·
Registered
472 Posts
The2ems said:
cactusjack said:
Don't be, you're still a Cactus owner, that still makes you different ;) .

·
Registered
725 Posts
cactusjack said:
The2ems said:
cactusjack said:
Don't be, you're still a Cactus owner, that still makes you different ;) .
;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a split hose on a Corsa once that meant the cool air wasn't reaching the cabin...and it was typically when we were in the middle of some hot, sticky weather a few years ago. I remember the examiner on one of my pupil's tests moaning about how warm the car was! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you get to the bottom of this and has anyone else experienced similar issues? I have a 66 plate Flair. I've tried to use the air-con this last week for the first time but its just blowing hot air. Rang the garage... if there's found to be a leak they'll fix it under warranty. No leak, then I foot the £150 bill for the gas (that clearly wasn't there in the first place!!) Not happy :evil:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts