Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

just wanted to share - went to a 3rd party garage for the aircon yearly maintenance (cleaning, gas/liquid refill..) - technician told me they are not able to refill my aircon as the new gas is already being used they are not servicing. He wanted to explain it to me a bit more, so we opened up bonnet and he unscrewed some kind of a valve on the aricon metal pipe - what happened is, that we heard gas leaking away thru that vent so he told me to go to authorized service to have this fixed as it this should not be happening.

Payed them a visit yesterday to learn, pipe needs to be replaced as this one is obviously broken - cost estimation is approx 200 eur (luckily, car still under warranty)

Have not noticed even a small degradation in the aircon functionality, therefore I was lucky we identified the issue while the warranty is still valid. Adding a pic for better recognition (not my car´s picture).
I recommend you to check your car as well, as this is just a matter of a minute. I am also wondering, if there is anyone else facing this problem.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
Why would you go to a 3rd party garage with a car that was still under warranty?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aircon cleaning using ozone and things like that are cheaper at 3rd party garages and this is not something which is being covered by warranty.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so the air con was fixed successfully, however, I need to go back there again to have catalyst (is this the correct word?) replaced with a new one - my model range is having some issues with this part, so they will replace it just to be sure

·
Registered
383 Posts
eriqq1 said:
Aircon cleaning using ozone and things like that are cheaper at 3rd party garages and this is not something which is being covered by warranty.
If you get it done with a service its £49, a decent price

1 - 6 of 6 Posts