Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted parked near Harrow earlier, gold pinstripe running full length, looked very smart.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I hated the Mk2 Capri, the Mk1 with it's sleeker, more stylish lines and headlights was always my favourite, as a kid my Dad had a white Mk1, then he got the custard yellow Mk2, bleeuugh..!!!
Good thing about the Cactus, is it's the first car since my Dad had the Capri Mk1 that there's been a model car I wanted to buy, my son is after the Cactus replica model.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Bewar3them00n said:
I hated the Mk2 Capri, the Mk1 with it's sleeker, more stylish lines and headlights was always my favourite, as a kid my Dad had a white Mk1, then he got the custard yellow Mk2, bleeuugh..!!!
Good thing about the Cactus, is it's the first car since my Dad had the Capri Mk1 that there's been a model car I wanted to buy, my son is after the Cactus replica model.
I had a mk1 capri, 600 TNN if my memory serves me right, lovely loooonngg boot with wings. Last time I saw it was in a scrapyard in mid 70's. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
cactusjack said:
Bewar3them00n said:
I had a mk1 capri, 600 TNN if my memory serves me right, lovely loooonngg boot with wings. Last time I saw it was in a scrapyard in mid 70's. :)
Looooongg boot with wings must mean you had a Consul Capri (62-64) and five years before the Mk1 Capri as most people remember. We too had one and restored it in 1980, winning many trophies. I know this is off-topic so apologies to any one I may upset with this pic (a scan from a car mag from 1980. A good one today sells for more than a Cactus.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Vacuman said:
cactusjack said:
Bewar3them00n said:
Looooongg boot with wings must mean you had a Consul Capri (62-64) and five years before the Mk1 Capri as most people remember. We too had one and restored it in 1980, winning many trophies. I know this is off-topic so apologies to any one I may upset with this pic (a scan from a car mag from 1980. A good one today sells for more than a Cactus.

Yes thats it, the mists of time are gradually clearing. ;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
My dad had one of these in the late 60's and then passed it down to me when I passed my test.

BRGreen export model. The exhaust went on a day trip to Brighton once, and we found a guy called Rudi who lived outside Brighton, who handmade the exhaust, as couldn't source one. Was something like 6 going into 4 going into 2 going into 1 or something like that, and brass I think or copper can't remember now. Cost a fortune, but would last a lifetime. Loved that car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts