Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my new Cactus in July last year, only the second new car I have ever had in 48 years of driving. In November I got my drivers side door mirror smashed off. Last month my bonnet was vandalised and had to be replaced. Yesterday, while driving on the M4 I got hit on the windscreen by a stone kicked up from a car that was overtaking. Autoglass say that the 12mm chip in line with the drivers view, will more than likely mean a new windscreen. I hope the saying that bad luck comes in three's is true, and that this is the last repair I am going to need. My car just doesn't feel new any more :cry:

·
Registered
472 Posts
That is just really bad luck, its a lot for a new car to go through, lets hope its done with now. :( :!: :(

·
Registered
735 Posts
The2ems said:
My car just doesn't feel new any more :cry:
Some parts are nice and new ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oh no hopefully that's the last of the three. We've had a new windscreen on our cactus too. Was the fitter's first cactus but it's the same as the ds3 I think so was easy peasy. Hope yours is too.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hopefully thats it with the bad luck. The only thing I would warn you about is Autoglass have recently given me the right run around getting the windscreen replaced on the MX5.

Make sure that when they say they are coming, they are coming and that they are sure about it. I had confirmation emails, phone calls and yet on three occasions they failed to turn up. Instead of simply saying "sorry we cocked up" they wound a weave of stories and excuses to the point it became laughable and cringeworthy.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oh my fitter was hours late to the point of worrying I wouldn't be able to go on the school run. But to give him his credit he got it done in under 40 minutes. I had a story about a difficult Porsche. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts