Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am Zippy (Chris) and I am waiting for my new car to arrive. I ordered it Wednesday 19th November, so hope to get it by the end of January. I don't know how realistic that is but we can hope!

I am 56, male, semi retired, an avid gadget greek and looking forward to getting my new toy. I currently have a C4 VTR+ which i've had for 6 years from new.

I'm looking forward to sharing the Cactus experience with fellow members.

Regards,

Zippy.

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Welcome to the forums Chris,

Looking forward to hearing your views when you collect it. What options / colours did you go for?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the welcome. I've gone all out on the spec. it's the Flair with the e-HDi 92 ETG6.

i've added the city park pack, black body and bumps with red rear insert and mirrors for a bit of contrast, panoramic sunroof and 17" diamond cut cross alloy wheels, it looks good in the picture and if you squint enough I think it looks a little Range Rover'ish :)

I've just got to be patient now, not easy, I even downloaded the owners manual and read all that!

Cheers, Chris.

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Spec sounds really good Chris :D

If you're going to do it you might as well do it properly and go all-out!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Another prospective Cactus owner waiting for a delivery date. Hopefully sometime in January. Going to be a long wait. Went for the petrol 109 HP flair in Tapanade grey. Actually saw one on the road today, definitely not a dealer demo as it was a different color so they are starting to appear in the UK.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi adinet,

Welcome to 'the waiting'. I'm not good with waiting but good things come to those who wait apparently! I have to satisfy myself with reading the many on-line reviews etc. It's a good job we have Christmas as a distraction.

I was seriously considering the same colour as you but my wife likes black cars (the make and model are irrelevant) so black it is, even though she doesn't and, never will, drive.

I noticed that in my first post, I referred to myself as a gadget greek, just a typo, I am a Brit gadget geek :)

Happy waiting.

Cheers, Chris.

·
Administrator
196 Posts
I hope the wait is passing quickly for you all now, saw my first one on the road... on Christmas day! So some people are lucky enough to have them now at least. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Rob,

Only 3 - 4 weeks to go hopefully for me, I am making it a lot harder, by reading every review and looking at every picture I can find on the net. I have only seen one on the road so far, about a week ago, I guess we few early adopters will be a rare sight for a while.

Apart from mostly very positive reviews, there has been a lot of negative comment by reviewers, about the semi auto gearbox. I have had a C4 VTR+ EGS for over 6 years and have had several normal automatics before that and I must admit I wasn't sure about the 'jerky' gear changes when I first got the C4 but you soon adapt to it. You learn when it is going to change and ease off the throttle a little, almost without thinking about it, which then results in at least as smooth a gear change as a full manual would be. It's not quite as smooth as a full automatic but close enough, certainly for me anyway.

I guess I am just saying to any potential Cactus buyers out there, don't rule out the semi auto before giving it a chance, I am more than happy to have ordered a Cactus with it and would never go back to a manual.

I hope everyone is having a good Christmas and wish you all a Happy New Year.

Regards,

Chris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts