Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello you lucky Cactus owners
Introducing myself as a new Cactus owner; 1.2 pure tech 110 Flair, pearl white, dune air bumps Habana trim
Am really impressed with this car, amazing performance for a 1.2 three cylinder turbo, just shows how good these modern small capacity engines are nowadays Reviews say that the drive is boring, but I love driving mine, ride and handling fine for me, do miss a rev. Counter though.
Looking forward to posting

Regards to all fellow Cactus drivers

·
Registered
265 Posts
I agree - I haven't found the car boring to drive, quite the opposite in fact. I suppose if I was a reviewer that test drove all sorts of cars from mini's to supercars I might feel its not as good as some but fortunately Im not a stuck up snob like they are :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to the team!
The Cactus, while not perfect ( I get a pain in my lower back sometimes, I do have a lumbar support if needed) is lots of fun to drive, looks great, has lots of useful, practical tech, a decent boot, room for 2 isofix in the back, yet isn't a massive car, so it retains that zippy small car feel.
Even my 82BHP petrol version is quick of the mark, god knows what the turbo is like!
It is my first car, I looked long and hard at my options and budget, for a car that would service a family with 2 young kids, from C4 Picasso, C4 Cactus, C-Max, Quashqi ( and many more) and I knew as soon as I saw it, sat in it, drove it, that it ticked all the boxes, and looks like nothing else!
I'm very happy with it, so's the wife, and my 6 year old was exstatic when I rolled up with it, he now want's one of the model car versions to play with!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the club, which is unique, Enjoy I find mine excellent I have a 1.6 Blue HDI Flair Edition Arctic Steel with Black Air Bumps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Picked mine up this week and so far so good. My 14 year old son has even commented and says he can't believe what a cool car we've got. It's the greatest car ever in his opinion. He even pulled himself away from his iPad yesterday to come out for another ride - miraculous!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Is there a turbo on the 1.2? I must admit I haven't read that anywhere. When it stops raining I'll go out and have a look at ours.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Vacuman said:
Is there a turbo on the 1.2? I must admit I haven't read that anywhere. When it stops raining I'll go out and have a look at ours.
Yes, the 110 has a turbo, best of all the petrol engines and possibly why its a whole £20 tax. :cool: ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 110 turbo is zero tax. I'm sure they changed something back in October to get it in this category.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I understand that for the petrol 110, the first year from registration date has zero UK road tax but subsequent years are at 20 pounds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have just checked the V5 document for my 110 Flair - registered in March 2016 - Its showing the CO2 as 100G/KM - which put it in the <=100 band at £0 a year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
JulianC said:
I have just checked the V5 document for my 110 Flair - registered in March 2016 - Its showing the CO2 as 100G/KM - which put it in the <=100 band at £0 a year.
Mines the same. Earlier versions put out more co2 hence the £20 cost. Some sites still refer to the old figures which is causing some confusion.

·
Registered
709 Posts
SAP said:
JulianC said:
Mines the same. Earlier versions put out more co2 hence the £20 cost. Some sites still refer to the old figures which is causing some confusion.
Interesting - I see that the Citroen 2016 brochure gives this 100 g/km value - does anyone know when this revised official CO2 figure appeared? Up to quite recently the wide-spread quoted value for 110 petrol was 107g/km.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My March 2015 car is 107g/km. maybe the revisions from rear discs to drums marked the point of lower emissions?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts