Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. Thought I'd introduce myself and my new Cactus.

It's an 82 Flair. I got it cheap at the end of the January lease offers, so I had no choice over the colour, unfortunately. (Would have preferred yellow!) It replaced a 200k mile 2002 Saab that served valiantly as our family run-about but ultimately became a reliability worry. Hopefully the running costs on the Cactus should be a bit more predictable. ;)

It was delivered yesterday to me here in Sussex and I treated it to a suitable gift:

:D

It's very 'light' to drive and the driver involvement is minimal, but with the Flair's toys it should be easy to live with for the next 18 months. Although it weighs about the same as my wife's Fiat 500 it's much more pleasant to drive. Feels like quite a big car compared with the Fiat's roller-skate handling and crashy ride. The 82bhp feels more torquey than it should, but it's by no means quick. Wish the seats had a bit more lumbar support too! Having said that, I'm still in the honeymoon period and I'm really pleased!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Welcome to the Cactus world..... Love the dash cactus - is it real ?

Interesting on your views between the Fiat and the Cactus

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - the dash cactus is real, as the many needle-sized wounds in my fingers/thumbs prove! We'll see how long it lasts blu-tacked in there as summer begins.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
SiliconS said:
Yes - the dash cactus is real, as the many needle-sized wounds in my fingers/thumbs prove! We'll see how long it lasts blu-tacked in there as summer begins.
Ha....Ha....... Brilliant

Suppose of any plant a cactus would survive the best there as it would be like a greenhouse when the car is not used. I bet it thrives..... :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On our first ride out as a family my kids have just christened the Cactus "Mr Prickles". My wife thinks this is hilarious :shock:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nice, quite like the silver one, but didn't have one when I got my black version.
I too find the 82 pretty nippy off the mark considering its family car size, love driving it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts