Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just checking in! I've always liked the Cactus and when the chance came up to lease one very cheaply for 18 months I suggested my wife took the plunge and sold her 2001 BMW 320i and swapped it for something with half the cylinders..

Unfortunately we were unable to choose the engine or any options (glass roof!) and there also wasn't any pearl white cars available which was my first choice (with brown bumps!) we both love purple cars, but I think a brighter car would have looked better in hindsight (possible blue lagoon, jelly red or even silver)

Engine wise, we test drove a 110ps which seemed great - we then test drove an 82ps which is what the deal was for and it seemed fine. Now we have had the car for a few weeks I'm actually really impressed with it, slip roads can be a bit slow when they are tight but overall it has more than enough power and seems to return 48-52mpg most of the time (her BMW did around 30mpg, we had to pay for the tax etc etc)

My current car is a Mercedes CL500 and previous include a BMW M135i, BMW 540i, Volvo 850 T5 etc so I'm a bit of a petrol head - I really think the Cactus suits a petrol engine :D

Just a brief introduction anyway!

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vacuman said:
Welcome to the club, the more the merrier
Thanks, it's a bit weird being on here as I usually use forums to research before buying (which I did a bit, but we were going to get one anyway really :lol: ) and then to look things up when they break or to post progress with modifications, improvements etc but I won't be doing any of that with this!

I will try and contribute where I can ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Nice bumps ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Very nice. I have just bought a purple 110 with a white flash on the back, it looks almost identical to yours so I won't bother posting pics :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
MaxM4XWW said:
Hi,

Just checking in! I've always liked the Cactus and when the chance came up to lease one very cheaply for 18 months I suggested my wife took the plunge and sold her 2001 BMW 320i and swapped it for something with half the cylinders..

Unfortunately we were unable to choose the engine or any options (glass roof!) and there also wasn't any pearl white cars available which was my first choice (with brown bumps!) we both love purple cars, but I think a brighter car would have looked better in hindsight (possible blue lagoon, jelly red or even silver)

Engine wise, we test drove a 110ps which seemed great - we then test drove an 82ps which is what the deal was for and it seemed fine. Now we have had the car for a few weeks I'm actually really impressed with it, slip roads can be a bit slow when they are tight but overall it has more than enough power and seems to return 48-52mpg most of the time (her BMW did around 30mpg, we had to pay for the tax etc etc)

My current car is a Mercedes CL500 and previous include a BMW M135i, BMW 540i, Volvo 850 T5 etc so I'm a bit of a petrol head - I really think the Cactus suits a petrol engine :D

Just a brief introduction anyway!

Thanks
Nice colour choice, I don't think you can choose a bad colour for the Cactus. As for missing out on the pano roof, I wouldn't say I regret my choice, but I do think it makes the cabin interior more noisy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts