Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a keen mountain biker - go all over the country doing it (Wales, Peaks, Lakes etc) and up til now I've relied on a mate and his 2 Thule carriers on his roof. However it's time I got my own sorted - anyone found any good deals? also do you know what kit I'd actually need to fit to the cactus's roof rails?

I will look myself but thought as this is such a good, helpful forum that someone on here would already know.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thule do a set of bars for the roof but work out more than the Citroen supplied set (when I looked last year)....the citroen ones looked good however.

Depending on how you want to mount your bike to the roof will then determine exactly what carrier you purchase and the cost.

I think we worked out about £250 all in for two bikes....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate - not piggin cheap - is it? :eek:

Might look at putting the bike on the C1 instead - should be cheaper! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thule roof racks for Cactus goes for 250eur +, too expensive. I went to a shop to try out menabo dozer/brio racks (officially unsupported) and they fit perfectly so i bought BRIO ( you need 135cm), approx 50eur - not compatible with Thule T screw (20mm), only menabo equipment (12mm), but this can be adjusted with a sandpaper or something.
Dozer, the more expensive ones (+ approx 20e) are compatible with both Thule and menabo T screws genuinely.

Menabo also sells some bike carriers which can be mounted on the top of the dozer/brio, but if you plan to use it often you might want to go for Thule ProRide 591 (approx 70eur a piece) - they have good reviews, fitting a bike in should be really easy even for one person - menabo might have some nice cheaper alternative as well tho - Will have to look around when summer comes, bought carriers for skies only for now (menabo silver ice).

·
Registered
626 Posts
Motozulu said:
Cheers mate - not piggin cheap - is it?
Check ebay for Citroen roof bars as they are usually on there for a good price and supplied from UK dealers.

From memory the £250 was based on two x vertical mount cycle carriers....the bars were the cheap bits! We never got round to getting any (at the moment) as we are still exploring the local area before going further afield....

Motozulu said:
Might look at putting the bike on the C1 instead - should be cheaper! :D
Or put the C1 on the back of your bike :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
C1 on the back of the bike is a good suggestion, tbf! :lol:

I went with it anyway - got brand new official Citroen bars from a Citroen dealer on ebay...20 quid and a nearly new, perfect condition Halfords advanced roof carrier (it's basically a Thule freeride carrier, rebranded) for 20 quid too.

So 40 quid and good to go - though I admit I'll look a bit comedic with a big full susser on top of what is basically a mini :lol:

I live on the edge of Cannock Chase so have miles and miles of forest trails to play on - but I do love Wales, so needed a carrier.

Llandegla, here I come!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Motozulu said:
So 40 quid and good to go - though I admit I'll look a bit comedic with a big full susser on top of what is basically a mini :lol:
Could be worse...when I was at college we all piled down to Woolacombe in our cars. Myself and two mates in my Mini Cooper, another mate plus one in his Fiat 126 with 2x surfboards on the roof. Carrying a bit of speed he took a hump back bridge in the 126 and I swear to this day it took flight.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Motozulu said:
C1 on the back of the bike is a good suggestion, tbf! :lol:

I went with it anyway - got brand new official Citroen bars from a Citroen dealer on ebay...20 quid and a nearly new, perfect condition Halfords advanced roof carrier (it's basically a Thule freeride carrier, rebranded) for 20 quid too.

I live on the edge of Cannock Chase so have miles and miles of forest trails to play on - but I do love Wales, so needed a carrier.

Llandegla, here I come!
So £40 and you had everything you needed to carry bikes on car ? was that for one bike ?

Can I have links please ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts