Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep losing certain channels when driving . The channels do not delete, they just stop working. Only on certain channels though. I just wondered if anyone else is having the same trouble as me before I contact the dealer.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have only tried two channels so far, and I do occasionally lose signal momentarily. My daughter also loses DAB signal in her BMW. So maybe they are not as good as they are meant to be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I do. My DAB cuts in and out, and only around half of the stations work. Have retuned it on a few different channels but still haven't sorted it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine loses the channels on to stations, No 1 and No 2 then makes a buzzing noise at the moment.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Have you tuned/retuned the DAB?

I can't remember exactly but if you go into Audio, Settings somewhere on one of the pages is an option to retune the DAB radio*.

Don't forget the Audio switching function too where when DAB cuts out it switches back to FM until DAB service is resumed.

[EDIT]*

Page 245
Media > Secondary Page > Radio List > Update List > Confirm

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did that today, it is on For only. It just keeps going off on friday.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is only on the FM wavebands. I am taking it to the dealer on Friday. I will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
266 Posts
At present, DAB coverage is unacceptable... Even driving into Glasgow, I frequently lose signal. On a 40 mile drive yesterday, it was so bad I had to switch to my iPhone for music. The DAB symbol onscreen shows signal strength, or a grey FM superimposed if DAB drops out. Digital switchover will hopefully remain some time off. The irony is that when there is a good signal, quality is excellent as is the track info.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just out of curisoity have you got FM Switching enabled?

This function is so that if the DAB signal is weak or lost, the radio switches to a coresponding FM station to provide interupted play....Are you sure you are listening to FM and not DAB?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Radio on FM Stations come on and the FM symbol lights up on the screen and after a short while the music goes off and is replaced by a buzzing noise and the FM symbol light stays on. I spoke to the dealer and they have not come across the fault and that is why I am asking for your input. By the way many thanks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hmmm...unfortunatly then I dont think its "user error" I think there is a problem with the media pack. The buzzing sound suggests that its more than likely due for replacement... :(

Dadioglasgow said:
The DAB symbol onscreen shows signal strength, or a grey FM superimposed if DAB drops out.
Never noticed but useful gen... :cool:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your input. I will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took it to the dealer today and the fault was not showing and they were unsure about the radio. On my way home the Radio started playing up again so I recorded it on my phone as evidence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts