Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum! I'm 99% sure I'm going to put an order in for an auto gear box Cactus but my Mrs isn't so sure about the buttons to select Drive, Neutral and Reverse (she'd prefer a traditional gear stick). What's everyone's view on them do they work OK when driving out and about around town / manoeuvering?
 
G

·
It's fine, you just press D to drive foward or R to go backwards. There is no need to touch them again. Sometimes if I'm in a long stationary queue of traffic I put it in N and put the handbrake on.

You also have the paddles on the steering wheel if you want to manually choose a higher or lower gear.

Remember this is not a fully automatic gearbox but a ETG gearbox that still has a clutch that is operated electronically.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
It is fully automatic when driving like any other except it has a clutch instead of the old hydraulic system. It is called a semi automatic because the gears are electrically operated and a lot less weight than the old style. Also the fuel costs are nearly the same as a manual one. I am getting 60mpg now and the new blue Hdi is even better. That will be my new model when I buy again.
 
G

·
Mark said:
It is fully automatic when driving like any other except i
When I said not fully automatic I meant like a torque converter type, which used to be the traditional automatic that operates without a clutch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Took a couple of weeks to get used to the buttons. Unlike my 2 previous C4's which had a gearstick. I would not willingly go back now after 10 months of use as the clear space makes the car feel bigger and uncluttered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
A lot different when parking on a hill, where a full torque converter box will hold on a hill with this you must use the handbrake as you would in a manual gearbox.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
I did the same as you do with the handbrake when I first got the car. Now I keep my foot on the brake pedal, release the handbrake and use the Hill Start Assist. Have a few tries and you will get used to it and enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Mark said:
I did the same as you do with the handbrake when I first got the car. Now I keep my foot on the brake pedal, release the handbrake and use the Hill Start Assist. Have a few tries and you will get used to it and enjoy.
Reading the latest specification book it seems that the Hill Start Assist is not available on certain versions "Excludes PureTech 75 and 82 versions." I'm about to collect my new C4 Cactus PureTech 82 Stop&Start ETG Flair on Thursday and will be very disappointed if there is no Hill Start Assist. I have a C3 Picasso with ETG at present and I have got very used to the Hill Start Assist.
 
G

·
fixerman said:
Reading the latest specification book it seems that the Hill Start Assist is not available on certain versions "Excludes PureTech 75 and 82 versions." I'm about to collect my new C4 Cactus PureTech 82 Stop&Start ETG Flair on Thursday and will be very disappointed if there is no Hill Start Assist. I have a C3 Picasso with ETG at present and I have got very used to the Hill Start Assist.
I have the same specification as you and I have it. I think you will find it's not fitted on the 75 & 82 non Stop Start engines
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Keith said:
fixerman said:
Reading the latest specification book it seems that the Hill Start Assist is not available on certain versions "Excludes PureTech 75 and 82 versions." I'm about to collect my new C4 Cactus PureTech 82 Stop&Start ETG Flair on Thursday and will be very disappointed if there is no Hill Start Assist. I have a C3 Picasso with ETG at present and I have got very used to the Hill Start Assist.
I have the same specification as you and I have it. I think you will find it's not fitted on the 75 & 82 non Stop Start engines
Thanks Keith! I hope that is the case. I'll be back on here on Thursday with a huge moan if not. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
The 82 ETG does have Hill Start Assist so don't worry. It is mentioned in the Specifications on a footnote. The ETG in the Cactus is far better than the model you have got now, so pick up and enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
I have just had the first service on my car. I have not had any problems with the car other than the radio playing up now and then. The car gear change is far better and very smooth. I did have a software upgrade and everything is quicker like the touchscreen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Mark said:
The 82 ETG does have Hill Start Assist so don't worry. It is mentioned in the Specifications on a footnote. The ETG in the Cactus is far better than the model you have got now, so pick up and enjoy.
Thanks Mark! As you say all is well with my new Cactus including Hill Start. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Mark said:
I have just had the first service on my car. I have not had any problems with the car other than the radio playing up now and then. The car gear change is far better and very smooth. I did have a software upgrade and everything is quicker like the touchscreen.
Still got the jukebox ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
The software upgrade has not affected anything on the car. I do use the Jukebox all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Mark said:
The software upgrade has not affected anything on the car. I do use the Jukebox all the time.
Great thaks for that. :cool:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top