Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very often I park at "D".
Later, when I want to drive again, I press the break and turn the key on, and notice the gear changing from "D" to "N" as the engine starts :) but not always!!! sometimes the car asks me to put it in "N"!
I don't understand why sometimes it does the work, and other times asks me to do it :)
any clues?

G

·
On the odd occasion I have left mine in D or R it will never let me start it without selecting N and gives me an audible warning.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You shouldn't leave it in 'D' - the ETG gearbox has been known to throw a wobbly and need to be left a period of time to 'reset' itself; always leave it in 'N' and park with your wheels pointing towards the kerb if you're on a hill

·
Registered
133 Posts
miguelrk said:
Very often I park at "D".
Later, when I want to drive again, I press the break and turn the key on, and notice the gear changing from "D" to "N" as the engine starts :) but not always!!! sometimes the car asks me to put it in "N"!
I don't understand why sometimes it does the work, and other times asks me to do it :)
any clues?
Page 93 of the owners manual states that before switching off the engine press control "N" or just leave the vehicle in gear. You will not be able to move the vehicle if you leave it in gear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi
when you park it (wink)
put it in the N position (easy)
AS IN THE MANUAL
then you will not have the problem on start up
EASY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts