Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My Aux jack is not recognising any input is there a process I need too follow other then that in the user manual

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just checked this here. The display menu page for selecting the audio source shows AUX is greyed out.
I've tried changing the AUX amplification setting but this doesn't change the AUX status.

I have found in the Car Manual section dealing with "CD, MP3 CD / USB player" there is this sentence:
"Other peripherals, not recognised on connection, must be connected to the auxiliary socket using a Jack cable (not supplied)."

To me the implication is that the AUX input should be available for use at any time, so I think if its greyed out it requires a main dealer to make some appropriate setting in the car display software by using special Citroen proprietary control software that is only available to a main dealer...

Anyone know anything different?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea greyed out here too,

When plugged into the USB though with my IPhone it lights up no problem

·
Registered
709 Posts
Primekart said:
Did you try to connect a standard MP3 with a 3.5 mm jack?
Ahh - with a true MP3 player (even if turned off) the AUX input now comes alive and can be selected as an audio source.

Many thanks for the pointer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The AUX 3.5mm jack is for use of "stupid " appliances i.e. old style cheap MP3 player, earphone outlet of an old Nokia phone, CD player, Walkman and such. Those players are handled from the player itself. The HU functions only as an amplifier.
"Smart" devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android phone and such, are connected through the USB and the HU is equipped with the appropriate software to handle them. It can also charge them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts