Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the remote keyfob I nearly always press the button once to lock the car, and then the second time which I believe deadlocks it. Firstly Im not sure what the difference is - surely a door is locked or not and on a car when would you want it "almost locked" or "locked but not as securely as it could be" lol.

However, if you then press the lock button a third time, it sets the indicators flashing seemingly forever - I got bored after 15 seconds and unlocked it then relocked it which was the only way I thought would cancel them. Is this a function so that you can find your car in a carpark or something?

On my previous car pressing three times would set the alarm off - like a panic alarm.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I believe that pressing the lock button while locked is a "Find me in the dark" feature.

·
Registered
344 Posts
OK saddo time again.
1st press locks the car. meaning you can't open from the outside but you can from inside
2nd press locks the car and deadlocks the system. car can't be opened from outside or inside

means that if the local toe-rag gets into your car he can't open the door to get out if it's dead-locked.
also means that if you locked you family inside they wouldn't be able to get out either (you need to know that!).

3rd press as previous post by The2ems

·
Registered
626 Posts
berapotter said:
3rd press as previous post by The2ems
The third press is "Find Me mode".

Its a long standing feature that has come over from the original C4...I know, how many times have you been faced with a car park full of identical cars...especially with identical number plates?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So do the flashing lights eventually turn off?

I've only once lost a car - in Windsor multi storey car park 30 years ago when I was SURE I had parked it on level 3...it wasn't there but the space was empty. In a panic I went up a level just in case, not there, then down a level, not there, and by now I was getting a sick feeling, then I found it 2 floors away as I was making my way to a phone to call the Police. Of course it was right where I had apparently left it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
But rather useful at a musical concert or similar event when returning after nightfall to your car that you parked much earlier in an almost empty field, only to find on your return that the same field is now full of cars and the useful landmarks that you noticed earlier are no longer visible...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Adrian said:
So do the flashing lights eventually turn off?.
Yes, after 20 blinks. The interior light also turns on and then off at the end of the 20 blinks.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I have not noticed a dead lock feature. Ours locks on first press as normal and then second seems to just activate the "Find me" feature :?

·
Registered
626 Posts
JohnYoung said:
I have not noticed a dead lock feature. Ours locks on first press as normal and then second seems to just activate the "Find me" feature :?
Second press needs to be quite quick after the first....like a double mouse click only slower :lol:

The lock sounds differently from a "Think" (Locked) to "Thunk" (deadlocked)...and third press is Rave On
!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
BristolRich said:
JohnYoung said:
Second press needs to be quite quick after the first....like a double mouse click only slower :lol:

The lock sounds differently from a "Think" (Locked) to "Thunk" (deadlocked)...and third press is Rave On
!
Ahhh see something else learned...... Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmmmmm......how is it possible to lose a Cactus??? :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts