Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a thread on this topic but I searched and could not find it.

Anyway has anyone bought a bike rack to go on the roof rails of their cactus ? If so what did you get as I am in need of one

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So has no one bought a bike rack for their Cactus - I am sure I read a thread about it but I cannot find it now

·
Registered
472 Posts
You're right, if I remember they were keen mountain bikers, must be nearly a year ago now surely.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I searched but did not find anything..... maybe I should try again

I would not want the 'proper' citroen one as I would probably have to remortgage the house

·
Registered
735 Posts
You'll have to drive your Cactus absolutely everywhere then; John ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Have to confess I'd rather not use the roof rails to mount the bikes as I always have that "portent of doom" feeling if I cant see it. Id rather use my rear bike mount so at least I can see them coming loose :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Adrian said:
Have to confess I'd rather not use the roof rails to mount the bikes as I always have that "portent of doom" feeling if I cant see it. Id rather use my rear bike mount so at least I can see them coming loose :)
That's what the panoramic roof is for ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
one of my older posts:

Thule roof racks for Cactus goes for 250eur +, too expensive. I went to a shop to try out menabo dozer/brio racks (officially unsupported) and they fit perfectly so i bought BRIO ( you need 135cm), approx 50eur - not compatible with Thule T screw (20mm), only menabo equipment (12mm), but this can be adjusted with a sandpaper or something.
Dozer, the more expensive ones (+ approx 20e) are compatible with both Thule and menabo T screws genuinely.

Menabo also sells some bike carriers which can be mounted on the top of the dozer/brio, but if you plan to use it often you might want to go for Thule ProRide 591 (approx 70eur a piece) - they have good reviews, fitting a bike in should be really easy even for one person - menabo might have some nice cheaper alternative as well tho - Will have to look around when summer comes, bought carriers for skies only for now (menabo silver ice).

·
Registered
265 Posts
That reminds me I have a Halfords one in the shed that I got for my Avensis hatchback. I'll have to try it this weekend and see if it fits.

I think it might, as they often have optional anchor points for the top straps. I agree the spoiler will be in the way and tightening the straps over it will likely cause it to buckle.

·
Registered
383 Posts
ferrisimo said:
Has anyone tried the Halfords rear mounted 3 bike rack?

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-racks/rear-mounted-bike-racks/rear-high-mount-3-cycle-carrier

The description rules out spoilers, but the image shows one not that different to the Cactus.

Cheers,
Dave
You need to be sure the spoiler is metal and an integral part of the tailgate structure - if it's plastic or has lightweight attachments the spoiler will simply get ripped off. Our DS4 appears to be metal but it isn't, likewise our old C4 Picasso.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts