Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a Cactus specific problem but worth warning anyway. An incontinent pigeon camped the night in a tree above where our Cactus was parked. The leading edge of the bonnet and the front panel were thickly decorated the next morning.

After washing the crap away it's clear that the lacquer coat has been damaged and despite a good t-cutting and waxing there's still plenty of evidence of a 'reaction' to the paint that we will have to live with :(

·
Registered
328 Posts
Vacuman said:
Not a Cactus specific problem but worth warning anyway. An incontinent pigeon camped the night in a tree above where our Cactus was parked. The leading edge of the bonnet and the front panel were thickly decorated the next morning.

After washing the crap away it's clear that the lacquer coat has been damaged and despite a good t-cutting and waxing there's still plenty of evidence of a 'reaction' to the paint that we will have to live with :(
That's happened to me a lot, and one of the reasons I opted for the Supagard coating option from the dealer (£295) plus mine is black, which shows up everything.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Vacuman said:

Also please don't park under trees, we took my wife's Ford BMax on a camping trip last year and now we have to replace the insulation under the bonnet after something, I'm guessing a squirrel, took a liking to it. Luckily it didn't chew on the wires.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Some years ago I had an old Mazda 626 that a seagull at some point dropped a "potion" at the roof of.
I didn't get it washed off before some months later, and then the blue paint ws dull and faded in the colour at that spot.

The really interesting thing was, that in wintertime, this spot (approx. 6 cm in diameter) was NEVER with frost and ice after that treatment.
I could have the whole car covered with thin ice at a cold morning - but not the spot on the roof.

The seagull could have been sold to the airplane industries for a nice amount of money, I think... :)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
NickKK said:
Some years ago I had an old Mazda 626 that a seagull at some point dropped a "potion" at the roof of.
I didn't get it washed off before some months later, and then the blue paint ws dull and faded in the colour at that spot.

The really interesting thing was, that in wintertime, this spot (approx. 6 cm in diameter) was NEVER with frost and ice after that treatment.
I could have the whole car covered with thin ice at a cold morning - but not the spot on the roof.

The seagull could have been sold to the airplane industries for a nice amount of money, I think... :)
Hmmm..... That's me off to scrape some bird poo up :D Or should it be fresh when applied :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes its annoying and makes me angry, especially after I've just washed it but as a member of the rspb for almost 40 years, I cant help but love them. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts