Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

The dreaded Engine warning light and service message came on today. I've only done just over 2,000 miles. Has anyone else experienced this and what was the outcome.
:shock:

Thanks

John

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have you been doing city 'start stop' type driving? Could be a clogged dpf filter... Take it on a good motorway blast, going through all the gears rev range. Hold it on 4th at a steady high (not ridiculous) rpm for about 10 minutes, then change to 5th and hold it steady for another 10 or 15 minutes. That should give the dpf a chance to enter the regeneration (cleaning) cycle. I do this every week, as Monday to Friday most of my driving is city driving, and that plays havoc on our dpf filters.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I went round to the dealers this morning and put forward your suggestion - it's one I'd tried before myself on a Mazda (without success). A 20 mile blast up the M2 appears to have done the trick. I'll post again if the problem returns.

Thanks again

John :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The warning light has come back on and the dealer will look at it a week on Friday. I will post once it's sorted.

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
/turns out its just a temperature sensor. Car is fine to drive apart from the irritating warning on start up. Also - go in for diagnosis, go in again to get part fitted!!!

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Temperature sensor now fixed. My dealer has had four other cars in for the same fault so quite common.

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hy all !!!
I have the same problem.
I'll take the car tomorrow and I will quote what I read here the dealer.
It's like I could walk to the car , it was only close the deal and go with the gas station.
When leaving soon received the warning engine - Fault in motor ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try to use Link MyCitroen app when error fault pop out.
Mine, on the screen was only mentioned "engine fault", however in Link MyCitroen it was described as error P0141 - O2 sensor.

True enough, when i visited the workshop, it was faulty catalytic converter that trigger engine fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
DuduCactus said:
Hy all !!!
I have the same problem.
I'll take the car tomorrow and I will quote what I read here the dealer.
It's like I could walk to the car , it was only close the deal and go with the gas station.
When leaving soon received the warning engine - Fault in motor ...
Good to everyone!
I went to the shop and was told me that the problem was bubbles in the liquid additive line.
They also said that it is normal that happens in new cars.
I noticed that the link mycitroën app was not working, only after they handed me the car with no problem , did it begin to function properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts