Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, to keep you all posted I've got cactus Clive back from the garage, oil leak fixed(fingers crossed). So today we went on a drive. There seems to be a noise from the drivers front brake under heavy use, it sounds like it's binding. I fear I'm going to need new discs and pads now. The car has done just short of 25000 miles, although I've only done 1300 of those. does anyone know how long the pads last, or when they need replacing, also shouldn't they have been checked before I was sold the car, many thanks, Simon.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've found the brakes quite noisy, from new. If I didn't know it was new, I'd probably be assuming they needed replacement but obviously don't.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Brake wear is highly dependant on driving styles, typical load and where/how the car is driven. At 25k i'd hazard a guess your pads won't have much long left in them.

You may be able to see through the alloy to see how much pad remains however beware that the pad on the rear of the disc may be wearing faster/slower. Disc run out minimum wear mark are cast into the edge of the disc.

However more detail required ref the noise. Is it only under braking or during rotation?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Is there not a low pad warning light? I had one on my GS :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I've had new discs and pads fitted at my local kwikfit. That should sort it out.
Thanks everyone .

·
Registered
735 Posts
CactusMan said:
Well, I've had new discs and pads fitted at my local kwikfit. That should sort it out.
Thanks everyone .
Sorted your bank balance out? :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts