Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is a problem or not, but on my drive home today I noticed that the brake pedal in my Cactus feels a bit wobbly, as in side to side.

It is operating as normal, but when I had a closer look, it can be moved slightly from side to side.

I've not noticed this before. It does feel as if a bolt has come loose somewhere in the pedal mechanism.

It is a bit worrying, as if that is the case then it could become dangerous to drive.

As it is, the pedal works fine as it is pressed and used normally, but I am concerned.

Fortunately, I will be a stone's throw from the Citroen dealer in Milton Keynes tomorrow as I'm over there for something else. So I will take it in and hope a friendly service dept. person will have a look for me.

Anyone here have any thoughts or similar instances?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had slightly a similar feeling - I usually drive Avensis and find all the pedals (including brake pedal) in Cactus a bit different - not that rigid as I'm used to. However I felt it in two previous Cactuses (we had borrowed them from the dealer for 24 hours test drives) and I guess this is the way this car works.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
emperorzbigniew said:
I had slightly a similar feeling - I usually drive Avensis and find all the pedals (including brake pedal) in Cactus a bit different - not that rigid as I'm used to. However I felt it in two previous Cactuses (we had borrowed them from the dealer for 24 hours test drives) and I guess this is the way this car works.
Yes, maybe it's been like this all the time and I've only just noticed!

I'll ask at the dealers tomorrow for their opinion and see what they say.

I hope it's nothing to worry about as I love my Cactus, it's a great car. And I hope it proves to be reliable and trouble free.

One other thing I noticed is that the pedal rubbers are turning a white colour. Not sure what that's all about either...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been to the dealers and they said it's fine and nothing wrong. Apparently it's meant to not be too tight a fit. It's something to do with the conversion from left to right hand drive. There is a rod system connected to the left side of the car and the left hand drive versions have much less wobbly pedals so the chap said.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Reminds me of when I was in my teens on my Honda C50 step-through, approaching a T junction and the throttle stuck open. I had sense enough not to hit the brakes (god knows how - I wasn't a particularly astute teenager), and reached down to the side and turned the engine off, coasting to a stop right on the give way lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts