Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Found this fantastic forum and after reading a lot of the posts has only fueled my desire to buy one! I am hoping that some of you lovely people could help me with some advice while I'm planning and then negotiating the purchase. I am planning on buying an ETG automatic in either silver, shark grey or tapenade grey depending on availability and timing for factory.

I'm probably going to go for the Elect 3 finance deal in the UK. While negotiating with the UK dealers, what sort of discount should I aim for, or is better to try for discounted options or accessories or something else? I've only bought a second hand car for cash before and then just negotiated on the price versus cost to change on a trade in.

Any advice or tips from your experience and dealers that will do a good deal would be much appreciated. ;)

Thanks,

Wes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
As the Cactus is one of Citroens newer models, it could be tricky negotiating a deal. However, as the pound is really good against the euro at the moment, you could try arguing that as the euro price of a new cactus hasn't gone up therefore the English price needs to come down???? Worth trying! Also you might get a deal on a cactus that is already in the showroom as opposed to ordering one custom from the factory. Pro is the dealer will want to shift it towards the end of the month. Con's is it probably won't be the exact spec or color. Also if paying cash, go for 40% down, 3yrs interest free credit and stick the rest in something like a Santander 123 account. Hope this helps. Free service or breakdown could be offered/asked for? Also checkout specs as in the brochure are current as Citroen have added/ removed things since the car went on sale in October 2014. Good luck I'm really pleased with my one. 110 flair petrol in tapenade gray.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great advice thanks very much! Good thinking about the Euro, I was checking out the french prices and they are so much cheaper, I've got a family member that lives there so was toying with the idea of buying one there and bringing it back over. Thanks again!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered my 82bhp flair from a broker for a price of £13k ( with park pack and metallic paint)
The dealer couldn't match that price for a customer specified car but did offer to match it in the end with the same model but with no choice of colour and no options as it was already built and I guaranteed to drive it away first week of March, he did also offer free servicing.
The dealer did initially tell me there was no possibility of a discount due to it being new, it was only after I told him about my offer did he come back with a competitive deals,
The young guy was quite annoyed with me in the end as he was saying how he couldn't understand why I would use a broker rather than my local dealer who would always be there for me?

So in short tell them you have used a broker in the past and will do again to get a quote.
A quick Google will show discounts of 2k-3k are still available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My local Citroen dealer had just advertised their demo model for sale - it just so happens to be the exact colour combo I wanted, pearl white with brown havana airbumps and interior. It's a 1.2 flair, with loads of added extras such as panoramic glass roof, upgraded alloys, front parking sensors that don't come as standard, they basically threw the lot at it to attract the most attention. Long story short, I got a great px deal on my old zafira meaning that I paid just £12,999 (the same price as a standard entry model) I pick it up on Thursday, can't wait! Shop around and good luck

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts