Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello good folks!

I've been eyeing a C4 Cactus for a while because of it's economic fuel consumption, compact but just perfectly sized for my taste and the quirky design. Moreover, my GF is totally in love with it as well, it's a win-win!

Budget wise we're kinda constrained, the car is quite popular here in Denmark and there are a lot to choose from used, but my main concern is how reliable the engine is when pushing high mileage, and what exactly is high mileage on these engines..

I see a lot of them for reasonable prices but the mileage is as high as 200000 km and beyond on some of them. What would be your guess for how long these diesel engines will last?

For example, one pushing 117.439 miles for 8500£.

·
Super Moderator
240 Posts
The 1.6 BlueHDi seems to have decent legs on it, there are lots of taxi drivers and couriers posting in the Peugeot forums that seem to be getting over 200,000miles without major issues, I've mainly seen their posts because I was on the lookout for my own AdBlue issues though... so with that in mind I think you'll be fine with a higher mileage but need to see a decent amount of history for consumable items like the supension, brakes, clutch, EOLYS fluid refill, lots of service history etc and if it were me I'd want to see that the AdBlue tank had been replaced for a newer style one if the car is older.

I guess you'd hope that with a higher mileage car most of the common issues will have already happened and been sorted out.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The running gear seems to be available and priced well. I put Brembo pads and slotted front discs on mine for around £100.
plenty of PSA cars use a lot of the same gear. (common parts bin rules (y) ) the mark 1 cactus airbumps do actually work. PSA diesels are renown for the longevity as long as you change the oil regularly (same for the petrol turbo). as thetapeworm says service history is important. that sort of money here in the UK would buy decent 6-year old C4 cactus.
would yo get some sort of warantee with it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the replies guys!

Ended up buying the one with 117400+ miles one it, and I don't regret it one bit! Ended up paying 8500 pounds for it.

Full service history, never had any issues. I don't know if that's good or bad taking thetapeworm's reply into account :D

I'm loving it though, fantastic driving experience compared to the previous old, cheap cars I've had.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The running gear seems to be available and priced well. I put Brembo pads and slotted front discs on mine for around £100.
plenty of PSA cars use a lot of the same gear. (common parts bin rules (y) ) the mark 1 cactus airbumps do actually work. PSA diesels are renown for the longevity as long as you change the oil regularly (same for the petrol turbo). as thetapeworm says service history is important. that sort of money here in the UK would buy decent 6-year old C4 cactus.
would yo get some sort of warantee with it?
I did get a sort of warranty with. 2 years, motor, gear and turbo has some sort of warranty on it. The other options were ridiculously priced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts