Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

Anybody else bought their new ( not 2nd hand) cactus from non franchise dealer like I have? I went down the online dealer route so will be having my car delivered to my door! Hopefully soon :lol:

Just interested in peoples buying stories and whether anyone has had positive experiences either way.

:)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Dealer for us and great experience - BIG bunch of flowers when we picked up the car was a nice touch

The car was located in Scotland and cost nearly £400 to transport it down for us - it was the only car on the transport

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've ordered mine over the phone through Lex Autolease. I haven't received the car as yet (ordered end of July, eta 2nd week of Nov) they have been very good so far with the service, really helpful and knowledgeable before placing the order and have kept me updated with the progress of the production/delivery. I got a really good price which the local Citroen dealer couldn't get close to. It's going to be delivered to my work address and my current car picked up at the same time as part exchange at an already agreed price. Fingers crossed the good service continues as it has so far!

·
Registered
30 Posts
erbert said:
I've ordered mine over the phone through Lex Autolease. I haven't received the car as yet (ordered end of July, eta 2nd week of Nov) they have been very good so far with the service, really helpful and knowledgeable before placing the order and have kept me updated with the progress of the production/delivery. I got a really good price which the local Citroen dealer couldn't get close to. It's going to be delivered to my work address and my current car picked up at the same time as part exchange at an already agreed price. Fingers crossed the good service continues as it has so far!
I should add the local dealer was also very helpful and tried their best price wise, but the price difference made my decision for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got ours from our local (Stafford) Citroen dealer. They were fantastic, jumped through hoops to get us the best deal and then got it sooner than the lead time said.
On the day, big fuss made as we picked it up - car under covers at front of dealership, balloons on the cover :D , Mrs got a big bunch of flowers - made the whole experience magical.
Can't beat the personal touch, IMO. Well done Stafford - we will be going back for the next one.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got mine at a good price from the Citroen dealer, I got the spare wheel and the boot liner thrown in as well.

G

·
Got mine from my local dealer who I've been using for years. They matched the price from an online quote, I saved about 10% on list price. I received free mats and three years free servicing. Can't complain. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments so far :)

I must say I'm happy to hear people have had good experiences, after all it's a lot of money to be spending so we deserve a high standard of service.

I would have loved to buy my car from the local Citroen dealer, they are literally three minutes from my house! Unfortunately they couldn't get near the price of the online dealer (buyanewcaronline).

Up to this point I'm happy with my decision although all the dealer guy has done so far is 1. give me a price 2. take my deposit and 3. give me a estimated delivery date. The delivery date has been pushed back which I believe it when he says isn't in his control ( taking in to account the stories on here). So now I just hope it's a couple more weeks to wait and the rest of the service experience can be judged. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Markfoz, I was a bit nervous placing my order with a similar online broker service, but I have read a fair bit about it and the reviews are quite positive.

I would have preferred a local dealer. We only have one in the area. I went to test drive a cactus there and to get a quote. The test drive was great but the rest of the service left a lot to desire: I was very clear that I was a cash buyer and after a good discount, not interested in any kind of financing deals, insurances or extra. I walked out with a financing deal, and the discount offered was less than half of the interest charges I don't need to incur.

The online broker gave me a 3.3k discount off the list price, and about 5k less than the total dealer bill with all the bells and whistles I wasn't aware existed.

I am still a bit nervous about this way of buying a car - seems odd that some day in not too distant future I will be looking out the window waiting for my car to arrive. It is reassuring though that my estimated delivery is in line with what others are reporting on the forum for factory orders.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My buying experience was bloody awful. The salesman was only interested in getting the sale through in time for his bonus. On the plus side, this did mean I got a fairly good price. To that end, I was denied the 24 hour test drive.

Citroen sent me a very comprehensive satisfaction survey which the salesman was very keen to get his hands on. Sadly for him, I filled it in online, on my own, and gave my honest opinion and not his.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys,

My car has been delivered!!

So I'm in a position to give my buying experience.....

Ok as I said previously I bought the Cactus from a online dealer as the discount was such I couldn't do it any other way.
The initial dealings were pretty standard, the order and deposit were taken with good efficiency so nothing to report. The wait commenced, as we all know it's a long one! The dealer responded to my requests for updates without problem and kept me in the loop though I initiated contact each time. When the car came into the country the dealer let me know and gave me an expected delivery date, the actual date (today) was sooner so happy days!

So the delievery day arrived and I was promised a phone call to let me know a rough time the car would be delivered, I didn't get one but no bother as I was off work and home all day. Then about 10am a yellow Cactus pulls up on the drive, I thought "that's strange", I'd assumed all along that the car would be delivered on a trailer or wagon, I was wrong.
I head out and ask the driver where he had come from, the midlands he replied 120 miles....My heart sank and I'll be honest I nearly shed a tear. My new car now had 125 miles on the clock and the associated grime of a journey on a mucky day, the driver had a bit of a dandruff problem so the first job was get the hoover out and wipe away sticky paw prints. Not a new car hand over experience by any means. This is my brand new car which I've waited a long time for and should have been such a happy occasion :-(

I phone the dealer to convey my dismay and get some cock and bull story about delivery options being in the FAQ on the website. I was never once offered any options on delivery, am I being unreasonable to expect details as important as this to be made crystal clear. I has numerous telephone conversations and numerous emails with the dealer and nothing was ever mentioned. I've since gone back through the T&C's of the contract of sale and delivery method isn't mentioned.
But again I feel it is so important as part of the buying experinece that it should be made clear from day one. I just feel deflated, my car has been driven its fist big journey by some greasy arsed delivery driver and that makes me rather sad.
Please feel free to give your opinions on this and possibly if you all think I'm being silly then I'll get over it quicker! Or should I take this further?

But that isn't the end.......so I do all the checks of the car and everything seems in order, spare wheel as ordered, white mirrors and white Cactus decal check....everything associated with the flair spec seems to be there, rev cam, sat nav etc. Ok at least it's the right car! So pop in the house to get a pen and as I walk back out I notice a glaring error! The car has black alloys, I order the diamond cut, oh golly this day is getting worse....back on to the dealer, tells me to sign for car and it'll be sorted, he'll phone Citroen right away. Good to his word he calls back and lets me know Citroen have taken the blame and will arrange new alloys to my local Citroen dealer asap.

The wheels are just one of those things and a genuinely expect this to be recified soon enough so I'm not too worried about this although it's annoying because it makes you feel like your order hasn't been treated properly.

My main gripe and to me it's a big thing is the delivery of the car, I don't feel like I've had a new car experience, had I known then I would have been prepared for it. But mores the point I would not have taken this delivery option, I'd have either paid for delivery by transporter or I'd have driven to the midlands Citroen dealer the car came from ( they even put their dealer plates on!).

So there you go, my Citroen Cactus buying experience.

I've only taken the car for a short drive as I'm genuinely upset and kind of not in love with my Cactus but I hope that changes, I've been dreaming of this day for 4 months and it wasn't supposed to be like this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I share your concerns. Not only have you not had the car delivered in pristine condition, but you will never know how the driver drove that car for its first journey. I know we don't "run cars in" any longer but you don't "flog" them either. Whether yours was or not you will never know.

I have had a lot of company cars delivered on trailers but when I have personally bought new cars I always have used a local main dealer. Then if ever there is a problem you tend to get their support as they supplied it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Markfoz, I'm absolutely shocked and horrified for you :( my car is leased and was delivered on a transporter to my door. The driver was a role model for delivery drivers . Polite , helpful and very respectful. I've never in my 50 years owned a new car and was like a kid in a candy store. I feel your pain and know exactly how you feel. I would complain complain and complain some more. Explain how the enjoyment was robbed from you and how it makes you feel. I know you can't turn the clock back but fairs fair !!!

I also promise you this, look at it as YOUR new car. It's no one else's so take it for a drive, get to know it and start enjoying it. I promise you that you will fall in love with it. They are so much fun :)

Tony

·
Registered
735 Posts
I feel your pain :( I would either demand a courtesy full valet or to make sure it's done properly enjoy the pleasure of an early first shampoo and polish of your own Cactus. I've only just had the time to do mine because it rained on my collection day and I had to drive down country lanes. I'm amazed how shiny she is, especially the black wheels :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys, at least I wan't over reacting to be dissapointed the dealer never thought to mention delivery options.....apparently "everyone reads the FAQ's page of the website". Well I read the T&C's of the contract of sale and it was never mentioned and to me that is a more important document!

But hey ho, today I have been for a nice little drive and the work I did yesterday meant I jumped in to a lovely clean car which does have that new car feel and smell. I have to say that today is definitely a new day and I really enjoyed becoming aquainted with the Cactus again.
I'd not tried the 110 petrol and I must say I'm very pleased I chose that engine. It's a peppy little number and as it is a 3 cylinder it has that different kind of sound, slightly gruff I'd call it and I like it!

The outside of the car has gotten even grimier today as its been another dirty day here in the northwest so I'm going to treat the Catus to a drive through hand car wash tomorrow! I'd do it myself but I've got a busy weekend but I want it done.

I'm starting to get that Cactus feel or should I say flair! back which i'm pleased about and I'm sure I'll be loving on this little motor in no time :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Markfoz so sorry to hear of your disappointment.
I'm too waiting for mine and ordered it over the phone from a dealer based in the Midlands. (Not sure if they are the same ones?) I'm aware that it will be driven to me as the method of delivery, I was told that from the outset. And until reading your post I hadn't thought of it ruining the new car experience. (Though that doesn't excuse the dirty delivery driver) Just try and think of the difference in cost that you saved, it might help make you feel better about it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just read your response after I posted. Sounds like the Cactus is starting to make you feel better. Glad to hear

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.