Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I'm hoping that some of you might be able to help or advice me to the right section or tell me if you've heard any of this before.

I bought the brand new Citroen C4 Cactus BlueHDi 100 S&S ETG6 (Diesel).

Right I've been having a lot of problems since I bought the car in February.
The current problem is that... Sometimes (it has happened two times since I bought the car)... It turns of, so that I can see the small battery logo. It's not the start & stop function, it just shuts off. And when I take a closer look it's like the start & stop function has been turned off, even though the day before it was on.

Has anyone tried this before?

Kind regards
Kasper

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is this your first car with a stop&start system?

The system decides when it lets the engine run instead of stopping it for various reasons. Typical these are:
- engine not warm yet (stopping and restarting it a lot when cold wears out the engine)
- battery low. When the car isn't driven for a while, the battery voltage drops a bit. When the engine automatically stops, it needs enough voltage to keep all the electronics working and to restart the engine again. Driving around a bit recharges the battery and re-activate stop&start on its own.

The manual cactus manual says stop&start is unavailable when:
- you're on a steep hill
- driver door open
- driver seatbelt open
- when you didn't exceed 10 kp/h since the last time the motor was started
- when the air condition needs to run
- when demise function is active
- when following things require a running engine: battery voltage, motor temperature, brake assistant, outside temperature.
- in all these circumstances, the "ECO" light is supposed to flash for a couple of seconds.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If the battery is already giving you trouble though, I would contact the dealer. Buddy of mine has a 2 year old BMW X1 and the battery is borderline dead but getting it replaced is expensive (you can't do it yourself) so he hooks up the big solar panel to top it off when it's parked for a while. :roll:

·
Registered
262 Posts
That the battery symbol is displayed would make me think that there is a problem either with the battery or with the capacitor that the cactus uses to store power for the restart.

I would check with your dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it's my first car and with the start & stop mode.

Okay.
I know about the start & stop function.
But the thing happened to me yesterday.
I started the car yesterday, drove like 100meters.
Then I had to turn which killed the car... That makes me uncomfortable.
I live in Denmark and the current temperature is like 20-25 degrees Celsius outside.

·
Registered
472 Posts
When the stop/start comes into play i.e stop, its a green eco light that comes on, no battery or ignition light comes on. Atleast it is on 110 petrol. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know about this.
This ain't my problem.

My problem is that when I drove 100m yesterday and was about to make a turn. It was like the car got turned off without me doing anything.

G

·
KasperHV said:
Yeah I know about this.
This ain't my problem.

My problem is that when I drove 100m yesterday and was about to make a turn. It was like the car got turned off without me doing anything.
I think I understand what you are saying i.e. the Stop Start is not coming on but the engine is actually cutting out and you physically have to restart it. If so I think you should take it back to your dealer with some urgency as you are probably fully aware if it cuts out at the wrong time and place it could prove disastrous.

I haven't seen this problem mentioned before only the Stop/Start.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
You have a problem which needs the garage to sort out. It could be the ecu or a faulty battery or a host of other problems. The garage can plug into the ecu and find the fault code

·
Registered
725 Posts
KasperHV said:
Stalling it?
Yes I'm positive.
Then I don't understand why you are coming on a forum and asking for advice on what is obviously a fault. You should be going back to the dealer for them to sort it out under warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts