Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cactus Pricing
At £12,990, Citroen is pricing the car 10 percent to 15 percent lower than its compact rivals but expects the average transaction price to be £14,000 to £16,000, increasing to £18,000 for the diesel version.

How do the Airbumps work?
Developed by PSA and German chemicals giant BASF, the Airbumps are tough air-filled polyurethane panels. They protect the bodywork from damage caused by collisions at speeds below 4kph and from minor knocks, for example from doors of other vehicles or shopping carts in parking lots.

What are the Airbumps' life cycle?
Citroen says the panels are guaranteed for the vehicle's life cycle. There are four Airbump colors (black, brown, beige and gray) that can be combined with 10 body colors.

Any new technology?
The front-passenger airbag is in the headliner, which means that the glove compartment has a hefty 120-liter capacity. The car has a USB port for Internet connection via a USB 3G stick.

Weight Saving
The C4 Cactus weighs as little as 985kg, about 200kg less than a comparable C4. To reduce weight, the C4 Cactus has pop-out rear windows instead of sliding windows, which saves 11kg.

The single-piece folding rear bench saves another 6kg. The car's so-called Magic Wiper has holes in the wiper blades and diffuses water with more precision than regular wiper blades. This saves another 1.5kg because the windshield washer tank only needs to store half as much fluid as tanks in cars with regular wipers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome! I didn't know about the internet connection via a 3G USB stick.

I'll have to give that a try once I get the car!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I suspect the 3G USB stick referred to is the one sold by Citroën themselves... £299 + a high annual fee. From comments on the French forums, it is not a simple USB stick, but is basically a mini computer with the applications on it - unless it runs MUCH, MUCH faster than a phone tethered by Bluetooth, it will be a white elephant...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts