Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm two months in to owning my cactus (1.6 flair with panoramic roof) and I have to say I'm very impressed.

I bought it second hand (2015 model) with around 8000 miles and have done 3000 of my own now and loved every minute.

Car rides smoothly and the gear box is very nice, found the in built sat nav to be very good. Diesel consumption is what I expected at about 62-65mpg with the cold weather ect.

The styling has grown on me and having spent plently of time in the interior I feel the car is well layed out and put together, no rattles or wind noise ect.

The space in the back is the main reason for purchasing to car as with a 3rd baby on the way this was one of the few cars we found wide enough to fit 3 car seats across the back seat. So far had two car seats and a adult passenger with no complaints and the panoramic roof keeps the kids entertained! The boot is a brilliant size too and I honestly won't ever miss nor need split folding seats so not a problem for me.

Only negatives I would give are the wash bottle size and takes a while to heat up in the morning.

All in all very happy! :D
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Pleased you are as happy with your Cactus as we are.

I don't personally find the water bottle to small and I have never actually ran out. I topped mine up today thinking it must be getting near empty with all the salt on the road etc making the windscreen dirty but no it still had a fair bit left in. I did find that when I first got mine I was holding the screen wash a bit to long waiting for the water to appear but now I know that you just need to hold it there a second and its enough to wash it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having just done a bit of browsing through the forum i might have an issue with leaking washer lines from what i can see. I did think I was going through a lot of fluid!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Hi had same problem. There is a removable panel below the drivers wiper on the front valence. Unclip it and you will see the wiper motor and the washer hoses. Mine rubbed on the wiper mech and punctured. Luckily about an inch from the join so I could cut it back and reconnect. Ti wrapped everything out the way after that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
adinet said:
Hi had same problem. There is a removable panel below the drivers wiper on the front valence. Unclip it and you will see the wiper motor and the washer hoses. Mine rubbed on the wiper mech and punctured. Luckily about an inch from the join so I could cut it back and reconnect. Ti wrapped everything out the way after that...
See this is the beauty of forums with good helpful advice like that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi just a quick update, haven't had much chance to get on here recently.

Washer is now all sorted, thanks to adinet for the tip as the pipe had been nipped by the mechanism!
Couldn't be happier with the car has been fantastic, bought the Citroen roof bars and a roof box to take the family on holiday to center parcs and it was superb even fully loaded with 4 people in the car and full boot and roof box.

thanks again for the advice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Simon82 said:
Hi just a quick update, haven't had much chance to get on here recently.

Washer is now all sorted, thanks to adinet for the tip as the pipe had been nipped by the mechanism!
Couldn't be happier with the car has been fantastic, bought the Citroen roof bars and a roof box to take the family on holiday to center parcs and it was superb even fully loaded with 4 people in the car and full boot and roof box.

thanks again for the advice!
Can you post a link to the roof bars please as its still something I need to sort out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
No experience of a diesel Cactus but I recall being told when we had a diesel Zafira that warm-up times are generally longer than for petrol. Out petrol 110 warms up nice and quickly :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The roof bars I got from gumtree, they were genuine Citroen ones and I have been impressed with how easy they were to fit and how they look. I was just lucky to find some second hand ones I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Simon82 said:
The roof bars I got from gumtree, they were genuine Citroen ones and I have been impressed with how easy they were to fit and how they look. I was just lucky to find some second hand ones I guess.
Ahhh right.... so were they advertised as Cactus roof bars or Citroen ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They were advertised as genuine Citroen roof bars, the chap I bought them off had bought them for her wife who had a Cactus as a works car but got promoted and got a new car before they could use them. I was very impressed with the bars, easy to put on once you got the knack and look good too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Thanks - so citroen roof bars not specific to cactus ?
Hi

They will be, not all Citroens have roof rails so there will be different bars for different models.

As the Cactus has roof rails there are aftermarket bars available, I want for the Citroen ones when we bought the car and they were fitted when we collected it. Good news is that they fit in the boot quite comfortably so we can have them easily to hand if we think we may need them.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top