Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :) I'm new to the forum!

Does anyone know a working solution to activate android auto / mirroring in Cactus 2016 without alternating the hardware?

Maybe there's a software fix?

Thank you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi PioZSM and welcome to the forum :)
Sadly there is no way to "unlock" Android Auto or phone mirroring on first generation Cactus. The hardware was not designed to run these, that's why some of us use an aftermarket solution (including myself) to enable Android Auto / Apple Carplay / Mirroring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, i had the same issue, disappointed with the original. I have a 2016 flair hdi. Ordered a smeg interface from Aliexpress for £158.00 came within 3 weeks and is an easy install and will give you Android auto/ Carplay. This is the way to go 100%

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Martin, thanks! Can you send me the link to the one that you bought? I heard of some that in the end either didn't work or worked badly. Is yours performing well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine works well, wired Android auto because i have an older phone, Spotify ( modded) waze google assistant, Tune In and more. Had it in for about 3 months with no problems, will post a link

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Martin, this looks great, I've sort of skirted around it before as the previous versions I've found were a little pricey, but this looks worth a punt! Did you manage to find somewhere to hide it away behind the panel under the glovebox? The last time I looked in there it was quite tight...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, yes its tight, the unit will fit below the radio, there is aux fuse box that needs to be loosened off and moved in front of the fuse box. The unit isn't very big, so once the cabling is routed, it all fits in ok. All in all well worth the money and effort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Martin, that sounds pretty good. Some of the reviews mentioned something about having to play music through your phone to get the AUX input to work properly for sound, or something like that, but it doesn't specify which car they have-any quirks like that from your end, or do you find you just get in and get going?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, in essence its two systems, the aux has to be selected to get the sound or you end up listening to the radio. The system is switched via a long press on the list button. Short press is Google assistant. A bit of a faff initially, but once sorted its easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, in essence its two systems, the aux has to be selected to get the sound or you end up listening to the radio. The system is switched via a long press on the list button. Short press is Google assistant. A bit of a faff initially, but once sorted its easy.
That makes sense, yeah. Like you say, something you can get used to! Thanks Martin, really appreciate you taking the time, that picture is really helpful too. Time to grease up the credit card...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, i had the same issue, disappointed with the original. I have a 2016 flair hdi. Ordered a smeg interface from Aliexpress for £158.00 came within 3 weeks and is an easy install and will give you Android auto/ Carplay. This is the way to go 100%
Martin just to double check - you don't get any lags after few months? Sound quality is good? Any issues like flickering screen, slowness, unresponsive, no system updates, etc?

I'll buy after your reply :) big thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi, still working well and used every day, using waze mapping, spotify, deezer and of course google. I did look o Aliexpress and they're still around £170. Well worth it.
Sorry to bother you again - is there a chance you remember your seller's name on aliexpress? I can't find this product for less than 270 eur....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts