Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can I ask what accessories people have got for their cactus so far? I seen a website that has the side bars, bars for front and back. Think they are called bull bars?! Was also thinking about sill protectors, seen some on eBay that were mirror with cactus wrote on them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't understand why anyone would want to fit bull bars of any description, completely ruins the look of the car in my opinion - less is more, mine doesn't even have the roof bars.

What looks best? That's my one at the bottom :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Its good to see that they are thinking of all these add-ons for the car - whichever we like is what makes the car individual

So looking at the advert (thanks for sharing by the way) the roof bars actually work as roof bars- I thought they were purely decorative

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just a thought...if its "illegal" for manufacturers to install bull bars at buld, but not illegal to install them retrospectively as an accessory, I wonder what the insurance companies would say when you (should) declare them as a modification?

Pedestrian NCAP rating will certainly go from Good to V Bad in a couple of turns of some bolts and addition of blunt metal and you would have to prove that they have no detrimental impact to the safety design and spec of the car and still meet the apropriate safety regs...

It is not illegal for vehicles to be fitted with bull bars, although the Department would not recommend their fitment unless it has been shown, through compliance with specified safety standards, that they do not pose an additional risk of injury to pedestrians or other vulnerable road users.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/429995/bull-bars.pdf

JohnYoung said:
So looking at the advert (thanks for sharing by the way) the roof bars actually work as roof bars- I thought they were purely decorative
Absolutly functional, if you run your hand along the bottom edge of the bar you can feel the locating points for the roof bars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 286 View attachment 286
StevieJ said:
I don't understand why anyone would want to fit bull bars of any description, completely ruins the look of the car in my opinion - less is more, mine doesn't even have the roof bars.

What looks best? That's my one at the bottom :cool:
Yeah I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like the look!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.