Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Need a favour - any of you with a Blue HDi who has a space saver spare wheel. Could you kindly look in your boot & describe how it's fitted.
I've just bought a kit from dealer & it doesn't fit any sense. They say wheel in well with dish downwards but this rests on & fouls add blue reservoir cap. Also holder for jack in centre of wheel sits up in boot like the ifel tower! Wheel fits ok dish up & secures with plastic thumb wheel. Should jack & wheel brace be in bag under passengers seat?
Many thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
hi there, I had the same problem with mine but found that dish down fits best and I've put the jack and wheel brace under the passenger seat. I tried placing the jack under the spare wheel but no matter how I tried, I couldn't make it fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wil many thanks for that. I will try & take back the centre plastic moulding where the jack is supposed to fit & get a refund as it was £29 & no use. The other problem I have is when I was fitting the wheel I noticed there was no locking wheel bolt key in the boot. Searched car & none found. Asked dealer & have to wait while they consult management to see if they will do anything. One of those situations where they will probably claim it was there when car supplied & it's just my word against theirs. I hope a new key can be bought from Citroen & they don't have to butcher off the old bolts & fit new!
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
626 Posts
They can identify the locking but key ref using your cars VIN.

·
Registered
644 Posts
We gave up ordering a spare wheel for a blue hdi as we found out it only fit a space saver which costs considerably more than a full sized spare. We didn't have the opportunity to purchase it as an optional extra as we bought an ex demo. :|

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Bristolrich. Thanks for the reply. Spoke to supplying dealer today & they have agreed to order & supply new locking wheel bolt key. I was sure they were going to refuse to do this but they have restored my faith in them by agreeing to sort this out. Should get key in about two weeks. Hope I don't have a puncture in the meantime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all. For your info if you have a 1.6 blue hdi & want to order a spare wheel for it, the space saver spare wheel fits In the boot well with its dish shape downwards (like an upside down breakfast bowl). It can be clamped with the original centre plastic nut to hold in place. The wheel has to fit that way around so not to foul the blue additive reservoir cap.
On top of the wheel there is an additional flat circular shape polystyrene moulding to support the boot floor carpet.
There is no room for jack, wheel brace etc to fit ( this normally fits in a plastic moulding in the centre of the wheel on the petrol models where the wheel fits the other way up).
So on the diesel the Jack, wheel brace etc fits in a bag under the passengers front seat (or as I have done in a hold-all in the boot).
So if you order the bits from your local Citroen agent you need space saver rim & tyre, wheel brace, jack, wheel bolt cap removing tool & the polystyrene moulding to fit on top of tyre. Make sure dealer gave you the locking wheel bolt key when you bought car. If not they can be purchased from Citroen using chassis number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got spacesaver wheel, tyre, jack and socket/wrench as a kit off ebay. The seller says that you can use the existing wheel bolts to fit the spacesaver if needed. There is a max speed limit of 50mph when the spacesaver is fitted. The price i suspect was cheaper than Citroen at £129.95 included vat and fast free delivery. The item was purchased from www.thewheelshop.co.uk (I am not connected this this shop in any way).

Had to remove the black plastic from the wheel well in the cactus and the wheel fits fine with the jack and tools slotted in at the side. The only thing is, i'm yet to fathom how to fix the spacesaver tightly down in place as i'm left with nothing to screw the plastic bolt and cap down in to.

·
Registered
626 Posts
In the bottom of the wheel we'll you should be left with a black plastic moulding with a slot in the middle where the repair kit holder once screwed into.

You can reuse this with the plastic 'bolt' from the holder to keep the spare fixed into the well.

It's harder to describe than do!...basically reuse the inverted T bolt!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for that, i'll have another nosey. I had the well empty and could see the additive tank cap, there was also a rather feeble plastic square that ran back and forward in an even more feeble plastic frame, there is nothing threaded or obvious that will take the plastic bolt. I presume the 2 part plastic tray that holds the towing eye and the inflation kit becomes obsolete and none of it's parts used as a housing for the spare ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.