Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it has been mentioned on the forum previously. But has anyone actually changed the horn on their Cactus, I would like to and as my warranty is finished in July so I might have a go.

Thanks John

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
It is a strange sounding horn, reminds me of my Lada Niva 4X4 from years back which was a biggish 4X4 with a teeny weeny horn that made everyone laugh

·
Registered
626 Posts
fergie said:
I would like to and as my warranty is finished in July so I might have a go.
I'm assuming you didn't source your car from Citroen or through a Citroen dealer? If you did you've got another year...(2 years manufacturer + 1 year dealer warranty).

Ref the horn as a starter for ten and fitting ease I'd nominate the Citroen C4 VTS coupe horn. These were different to the standard mk1 C4 horn and were immense. I think it was also fitted to the C4 Exclusive. I'd like to assume it's a reasonably straight swap.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Have you ever heard the horn on a Lambretta. Used to be a bit embarrassing having MOT'd by a big hairy biker :roll:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spanish model Cactus. only 2 years warranty in Spain. Mine will be 2 years old on July 23rd.
Squeeky horn but good car.
Getting ready for my second drive to the UK in her this May

Regards John

·
Registered
626 Posts
This'll do it...

Had these fitted on a Mini once...

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-parts/electrical-lighting/car-alarms-car-horns/ring-twin-car-air-horn

They were great though as with the horn push mounted through the indicator stalk you could precision horn blow. A very light tap for a brief squeak out of the high pitch horn, or a longer press for the full beans. Fitting them under the bonnet of the mini too was tight. As for the Cactus would be possible although you'd need to check how many Amps they pull even after fitting through a relay.

If not the Abarth crowd fit FIAMM which are pretty good by all accounts*...

* pretty much most of the after market horns are the same items rebranded.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brilliant, missus won't get as much luggage in either. Will visit halfords when I get to the UK.

·
Registered
265 Posts
BristolRich said:
fergie said:
I would like to and as my warranty is finished in July so I might have a go.
I'm assuming you didn't source your car from Citroen or through a Citroen dealer? If you did you've got another year...(2 years manufacturer + 1 year dealer warranty).

Ref the horn as a starter for ten and fitting ease I'd nominate the Citroen C4 VTS coupe horn. These were different to the standard mk1 C4 horn and were immense. I think it was also fitted to the C4 Exclusive. I'd like to assume it's a reasonably straight swap.
I had the c4 with that horn you commented. They were great. I'll look for a pair of these.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Don't understand why a selection of horn options is not available in the Configurator :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts