Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

A meet up was talked about a little while ago but it seems not to have got off the ground, so hey I'm just gonna put a place and date out there and see if I can get some interest.

Date :-Saturday 12th December 2015

Time :- 12:00 Midday

Place :- Stafford Services (south bound) M6

The reason I chose this location is I've seen a few car meet ups there before, it's easy to get to (obviously if you're not too far away) and you get the bonus of some good facilities to get some refreshment. You get 2 hrs free parking so I think that's plenty of time to chat about the Cactus!

Ok who's in?

If I can get 10 or 15 confirmed then I'll be happy to make the trip, it's an hour away for me so you see I'm not trying to get it on my doorstep!

PS. Not sure how it works but could the admin put a sticky on this to keep it on the 1st page?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nice one for putting it out there. I fear the Cactus is spread pretty thinly over UK to pick the ideal venue for the majority. Although your place is only 2 1/2 hours from us (east coast) its a pig to get to as its t'other side of Brum. Maybe more 'central' rather than to 'one side' of UK would offer the best chance to meet up. As I said, if the Cactii are spaced out too far apart the ideal venue is tricky. But saying that, fingers crossed its got to happen, I'm certainly looking forward to it. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
735 Posts
I confess it was us that suggested a meet to Rob. I thought a meet in 2016 in the Spring/Summer on a sunny day when we can arrive in our nice shiny Cacti not all wet and dirty :( it's 200 miles from Devon but mainly Motorway with potential really bad weather :(

·
Registered
169 Posts
Can't make that Saturday as on the day the Cactus will be parked up at London Heathrow and I'll be on my way to Davos, but in principle I could do a meet up some other time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps we are spred a bit thinly! I envisaged 10 or 15 owners within 50 or 60 miles of the location to perhaps be interested.

I'd of thought there will be a cacuts section at the likes of Citroen owners club events in the summer time which is something I'd be interested in, especially if this or other meet ups don't get off the ground.

I'll leave it out there anyway, I'm free that weekend and will be happy to make the journey if we can get a bit of a group together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cactus4us said:
I confess it was us that suggested a meet to Rob. I thought a meet in 2016 in the Spring/Summer on a sunny day when we can arrive in our nice shiny Cacti not all wet and dirty :( it's 200 miles from Devon but mainly Motorway with potential really bad weather :(
Good point. The suggested meet up point is over 2 hours away for me and with the winter weather.... :|

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey people,

I'm guessing this meet isn't going to get off the ground! However if there is a sudden flurry of interest I'm still avaiable and willing to meet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think its a great idea but too short notice and at this time of year most weekends are already booked up with doing other things that you can't get out of. I would be very interested in meeting up in the Spring sometime.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
geoffus said:
I think its a great idea but too short notice and at this time of year most weekends are already booked up with doing other things that you can't get out of. I would be very interested in meeting up in the Spring sometime.
Yeah I think the spring would be much better idea :cool:

·
Registered
735 Posts
@ markfos, us applaud you for taking the initiative, but Cactus owners and owners to be have been conditioned to wait for good things in the Spring :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Has a meet up been forgotten :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ahhrgh - Id love to go but Wetherby just seems a bit too far for me to drive for a day out, sorry. Didn't someone mention something about a hill climbing event somewhere too?

Besides, its always raining in Yorkshire ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.