Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An article today about cars no longer coming as standard with CD players. The C4 Cactus was the first of a few examples where having a CD player is not even an option. Funny thing is, I hadn't even noticed when we had the demo car and can't think when i last played a CD in a car.

They also mentioned that Audi used to offer a cassette player as an option as recently as 2006.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Vacuman said:
They also mentioned that Audi used to offer a cassette player as an option as recently as 2006.
An option - Audi had the Chorus Cassette player standard in the A3 'i'/ TDI until some time in 2009 I think - you had to spend £200 to get the Concert II C.d. Player which was standard on the SE, Sport and S-Line.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Seem to remember seeing something about an option (or acessories list) for a CD player mounted under the passenger seat??

·
Registered
316 Posts
You are right Mark. The wires and the mounting bolts are under the passenger seat where the CD player goes. I must admit that I have not missed having one though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
must admit the cd player is the one thing I miss about owning my cactus. no cd player no spare as standard, what else will manufacturers leave out in order to cut costs? :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
I don't miss having one either. Fair easier to load music onto a memory stick or the juke box and use that.
I was looking forward to loading all my music onto the jukebox but if the latest rumours are true that facility has been removed. Four months after placing the order, my Cactus is promised for "Sometime" next week. I will not be happy if the jukebox and glovebox USB connection are missing. The dealer is unable to clarify the matter. What options do I have if two items that were part of the attraction of the Cactus for me are missing? :evil:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think, if it is missing you should be too worried. I've not used the jukebox or the glovebox USB once. I connect via Bluetooth all the time, and personally would never leave anything valuable in the glovebox anyway.

·
Registered
644 Posts
fixerman said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
I don't miss having one either. Fair easier to load music onto a memory stick or the juke box and use that.
I was looking forward to loading all my music onto the jukebox but if the latest rumours are true that facility has been removed. Four months after placing the order, my Cactus is promised for "Sometime" next week. I will not be happy if the jukebox and glovebox USB connection are missing. The dealer is unable to clarify the matter. What options do I have if two items that were part of the attraction of the Cactus for me are missing? :evil:
Fingers crossed they're both there when you collect your car. I'd be cross too if I didn't get the spec car I was expecting. :(

·
Registered
472 Posts
fixerman said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
As you say, the jukebox and any thing else that is listed should be there. I can't see why they would 'pull' the jukebox afterall its only a memory chip. I think the jukebox is brilliant, as you say its a load up n go piece of kit, no more taking with you more equipment regardless of size.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dealer can't confirm if it has been removed or not. Despite plenty of complaints the juke box and usb have been removed.

I've not had a cd player in a car for about 5 years now so won't miss that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts