Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my new cactus is due next week I have got the flair in all black with the petrol 110 version.
I just want to know what owners opinions are of their cactus once you have had itt while.
Thanks.

Registered
I'm positive you won't be disappointed after two months ,so far ;)

Registered
jv24 said:
Hi, my new cactus is due next week I have got the flair in all black with the petrol 110 version.
I just want to know what owners opinions are of their cactus once you have had itt while.
Thanks.
Had mine 11 months and love it as much as when I picked it up

Registered
Had my 110 about 8 weeks now and I really like it, I like the cactus overall and think the engine is very good. It's a very confortable car in the main, drives pretty well at a moderate pace. The cactus is a nice place to be in and I'm happy with the tech level of the flair, not much else I need on that score. I'm getting mid to high 40's MPG from just running around town and the odd longer run but I've not had to do a major journey yet, I'm looking forward to seeing what MPG I get on a long run.

Like everything the Cactus isn't without its drawbacks but mostly they are pretty minor for instance there is a worful lack of interior lighting, the front isn't bad but if you have a little one to get in or out of the back at night then be prepared to do it in the dark!
The front armrest is basically only of use when cruising as it's in the way of the handbrake and grears the rest of the time!
The cup holder isn't great.
But for me the biggest drawback is the touch screen, don't get me wrong it works well and as a piece of tech it is great however for me it's very distracting and could be quite dangerous to use while on the move.
Now people will say don't use it while on the move or even perhaps that it's not designed to be used on the move but when you have the heater (climate) controls and sound system on there I'd argue they are fundamental functions which need to be safely adjusted while moving.
The heater (climate) for me is the big one, this is something I tweek quite regularly in order to keep comfortable, in every other car I've owned this is a simple intuative task, usually usuing some sort of dial or knob. The radio I can cope with as I'm usually on radio 2 but again in order to change channel requires too much loss of concerntration on the main task in hand, driving.
I guess some will say you get used to the touch screen but for me 8 weeks in, it isn't a case of not knowing where things are its a case of too many screen touches to get done what you need which inevitably distracts you.
So basically I'm getting used to trying to get everything set up before I take to the road.

Saying all that though I love the car!

Registered
If you have a Flair then it has climate control rather than air conditioning; climate control should be set to 'auto' and a chosen temperature then just left to its own devices - I fiddle with mine twice a year, in late autumn I set it to 21.5C and in early spring I set it to 20C; apart from windscreen demist, leave it alone!

Registered
Had our Cactus since the beginning of October and it still makes me smile driving it..... Brilliant car and one of the best I have owned (and I have owned a few) - Very hard to find any fault with it - actually trying to think of one :|

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, I had one on a 24 hour test. The fuel consumption is what I will be interested in. I just can't see me getting anywhere near the official figures.

Registered
Mainly speed limit observed motorway including 50 miles country lanes and 10 mile rush hour crawl taking an hour :)

Attachments

Registered
jv24 said:
Thanks for the replies, I had one on a 24 hour test. The fuel consumption is what I will be interested in. I just can't see me getting anywhere near the official figures.
We get 55+ even from urban short trips and have had up to 71 on a long trip, fully laden. We reckon we must have saved hundreds of 拢拢拢s on fuel in the last 10.5 months.

Registered
Had mine since the end of September and for a town car I love it. My only criticism is I find it very light and twitchy on motorway drives. A little bit of wind and my concentration levels rise. I simply cannot relax like I do with the wife's Ford Focus on a motorway trip as that feels solid. My opinion only and I must admit I do get anxious at times.

Tony

Registered
Had it since August and still love it, especially the growl when I put my foot down! Not so good for the fuel consumption though ;) :lol:

Registered
markfoz said:
..But for me the biggest drawback is the touch screen, don't get me wrong it works well and as a piece of tech it is great however for me it's very distracting and could be quite dangerous to use while on the move.
My advice would be to learn how to use hardware buttons/controls on the steering wheel properly in order not to get distracted too much by the touch screen when playing around with jukebox/radio.

Registered
One thing that does irritate me is the boot.... You have to slam the heck out of it to close it so the boot open warning does not come on

Registered
JohnYoung said:
One thing that does irritate me is the boot.... You have to slam the heck out of it to close it so the boot open warning does not come on
Might want to get that looked at, it's misbehavin' :)

Registered
techy111 said:
Had mine since the end of September and for a town car I love it. My only criticism is I find it very light and twitchy on motorway drives. A little bit of wind and my concentration levels rise. I simply cannot relax like I do with the wife's Ford Focus on a motorway trip as that feels solid. My opinion only and I must admit I do get anxious at times.

Tony
Yup fords are much heavier, my wife's focus (kerb weight 1264kg) feels like a tank when compared to the Cactus (Kerb weight - 965kg) but that's fine with me, but it's the road noise that literally gives me a head ache.

Registered
I think there is nothing wrong with it, mine works in the same way. If i try to close it really carefully, warning comes on.

Registered
jv24 said:
Thanks.
Ok for my own personal and honest list, here goes:

Pluses - I like the looks, comfy seats, comfy ride, big boot, big glass roof, big glove box, good radio, good reversing camera, child lock next to steering wheel.

Minuses - air bag housed in roof means I can't have seat as high as I would like, no rear interior light, no passenger grab handles, slow touch screen, would like cubby holes in boot to stash deicer etc. no one-touch windows, have to restart engine to wind back up, single shallow cup holder next to useless and no good for skinny cans like red bull.

I'll update if I think of anything else :D

Registered
Blactus said:
jv24 said:
Thanks.
Ok for my own personal and honest list, here goes:

Pluses - I like the looks, comfy seats, comfy ride, big boot, big glass roof, big glove box, good radio, good reversing camera, child lock next to steering wheel.

Minuses - air bag housed in roof means I can't have seat as high as I would like, no rear interior light, no passenger grab handles, slow touch screen, would like cubby holes in boot to stash deicer etc. no one-touch windows, have to restart engine to wind back up, single shallow cup holder next to useless and no good for skinny cans like red bull.

I'll update if I think of anything else :D
How could I forget about the loud road noise when driving on motorways :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts