Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is a great forum for a great car. I've lurked around here for a while, but only just joined because I have finally ordered a Cactus, the car I've always wanted since I saw the pictures of the original concept car several years ago. When the Cactus was launched in late 2014 I went to the local dealer for a look and a test drive, even though I couldn't afford to buy one at the time! I absolutely loved the car, it's not to everyone's taste, but it does it for me. Even the salesman whose car I drove admitted it wasn't his cup of tea. But I like different looking cars, I used to drive a blue and silver Smart Forfour, which I owned from new in 2006. Anyway, I fancied a change after 9 years of driving the same car, so last September I bought a new Fiat Panda. I really wanted to buy a Cactus then, but I thought it was out of my budget, so I settled on the Panda as a compromise, it cost half the price of a top spec Cactus. But after 6 months with the Fiat, I don't like it that much, it's not fun to drive, it's got squeaks and rattles and I no longer want to keep it. I had a Cactus for a 24 hour test drive last November and I didn't want to give it back! Every time I see a Cactus I wish I had one and after looking around the internet and a few phone calls, I have ordered one! I'm so excited that I will at last be getting the car I have wanted for so long! I really can't wait. The dealer had white ones in stock, but I just love the Blue Lagoon colour, so that's the only colour that will do! I'm going for the Feel 1.2 petrol manual. If it had been a factory order I would also have specified stone airbumps, tinted rear windows and crosshatch alloys in silver, that was my ideal Cactus, but when the dealer told me there was a Blue Lagoon Cactus on group order, and I would only have to wait 2 weeks for delivery I went for it! The anthracite wheels on the Feel look great anyway so I'm more than happy. The dealer told me today that the car is at the docks, just arrived from Calais. It's going to be a very long 2 weeks, but I can't wait! :D

Registered
Everything comes to he that waits ;)

Registered
It's great you have finally got the car you want. We all spend a lot of time in cars so it's important to get one you really like.

I know what you mean about not wanting to hand it back after test drive........ We where the same

Registered
Hi Enjoy,

Awaiting deliver of mine in the next week. Its arrived in the country on 16 plates. Its 1.6 Blue HDI Flair Special Edition. I now have to sell my DS3 1.6 HDI Diesel which I have had for three years .Its not the car I wanted at the time, but is a brilliant performer and ideal for the young single person.Its only got two doors that is the problem, must have four which the Cactus has.

Looking forward to owning this cult vehicle.

Cheers.

Registered
lecoldartic said:
Hi Enjoy,

Looking forward to owning this cult vehicle.

Cheers.
So it will be a CULTUS :D

Registered
Yep.. my mind was set to buy something a bit cheaper than a Cactus as well. We bought a second property and we did not intend to spend that much on a car.

But when we saw the Cactus there was no turning back.. and it's a move we don't regret even though we went a bit over our budget.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, there are cheaper cars out there, the C1 for example, but there really is no other car like the Cactus. I think it's still a bit pricey, but there are a lot of deals and discounts around online, looking at the figures for mine, I think there's a 拢2000 discount on it which is great value. I'm having to pay a bit of extra money to cover the negative equity on the Panda, but it will be so worth it. One thing I definitely noticed on the Cactus test drive is that it feels well built and top quality, which is not true of the Fiat which is built to a price. You get what you pay for I guess.

Both the cars I test drove were diesels. I haven't actually driven the 1.2 petrol, hoping it's got enough poke and isn't under powered. It's got to be an improvement on my current car. The Panda is gutless when accelerating onto a dual carriageway or motorway.

I had a Citroen BX years ago with only a 4 speed box and the smallest engine Citroen fitted it with. It was so slow and struggled to do 75mph! :shock:

I certainly agree that the Cactus is a cult car, I looks futuristic and very cool. :cool:

Registered
I have the 100 diesel and love it but you will have no problems with power driving the 110 petrol as its supposed to be very nippy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JohnYoung said:
I have the 100 diesel and love it but you will have no problems with power driving the 110 petrol as its supposed to be very nippy
Good to know! Can't wait to get behind the wheel! :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well looks like I've got to wait another week or so. I know it would have been a wait of several months for a factory build, so I shouldn't complain, but I'm not good at waiting. My Cactus is at a dealership in Hartlepool and the earliest they can get it to the dealership I'm buying it from in Watford is the middle of next week. I wouldn't mind so much if I could see a photo of it. It will be a looong week. I'm so excited about finally getting a Cactus that i can't stop thinking about it. I know, I should get out more... :) I'm wondering if it has the blue interior that's a no cost option and will match the blue lagoon paint, or if it's the standard black interior. I guess I'll soon find out!

Registered
CactusBob said:
Well looks like I've got to wait another week or so. I know it would have been a wait of several months for a factory build, so I shouldn't complain, but I'm not good at waiting. My Cactus is at a dealership in Hartlepool and the earliest they can get it to the dealership I'm buying it from in Watford is the middle of next week. I wouldn't mind so much if I could see a photo of it. It will be a looong week. I'm so excited about finally getting a Cactus that i can't stop thinking about it. I know, I should get out more... :) I'm wondering if it has the blue interior that's a no cost option and will match the blue lagoon paint, or if it's the standard black interior. I guess I'll soon find out!
You have every right to get excited a car is a big purchase which is a big decision so why not get excited :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My new car! by Robert, on Flickr

It's at the dealers awaiting collection! I'm picking it up on Monday morning, I can't wait!!! Can't believe I'm going to finally get a Cactus, and in my fave colour too, I've wanted one for so long! Only 3 sleeps to go....

Registered
Cool color :cool: Enjoy! I love this color for unexplained reason, but for some weird reason it's not in the colors options here (Israel). Well, you can ask for and wait for 3 months (because it's not in the import routine)...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's interesting that the colour options are different in other countries. Looks good in red too! I also like the yellow..

Picked it up today, said goodbye to the Fiat Panda, (I won't miss it!) and Hello Cactus!!!

It is a lovely car, great to drive, nippy engine with a nice growl when you accelerate, sounds very cool. I drove the 50 miles home up the M1 and enjoyed every minute of it!

When I got home I couldn't resist taking it out again just for a drive. I NEVER did that with the Fiat. I'm a very happy new Cactus owner.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh yes, and it came complete with a spare wheel and jack and a full set of mats!!!

I was well pleased to find a spare wheel as I was expecting to pay extra for one to replace of the can of gunk, so saved me some money!!

Bought a set of cheap mats before I collected the car, but to my delight, found I don't need them as it already has the proper Cactus mats in it!! Result!

Registered
Pleased you finally have your car and it looks very smart.... Having a cactus makes driving such a pleasure you'll be looking for reasons to use it.

Out of interest how does the 110 petrol compare to the 100 diesel. I wanted to try one when we got our cactus but none were available

Registered
Reading this forum and looking at pictures of it does ease the pain of waiting a little. Week 17 or 18 for me so count your blessings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts