Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - We ordered our Cactus and have just started week 8 of the dealers suggested 12 week wait for it to arrive. I know you shouldn't wish your life away, but OMG. The dealer phoned Monday to say that it was out from production and into testing. We've gone for the 1.2 110 manual in Red & Black with Black Wheels. I saw one on the road last week and boy did I have car envy. I think I need to get out more. :oops:

Registered
I've had my Cactus for 5 months now which is a month more than I waited! :D Hang in there - it's possible ;)

Registered
I know what you mean about waiting. It's not easy is it? I only had to wait 2 and a half weeks for delivery from the date I ordered mine, as the dealer managed to source a car in the colour I wanted from elsewhere in the country, so saved me from having to order from the factory. But it felt like the longest 2 weeks ever!!! I was counting the days, but now I have the car I wanted for so long and it has been so worth the wait! :D

Registered
Drob50 said:
Hi - We ordered our Cactus and have just started week 8 of the dealers suggested 12 week wait for it to arrive. I know you shouldn't wish your life away, but OMG. The dealer phoned Monday to say that it was out from production and into testing. We've gone for the 1.2 110 manual in Red & Black with Black Wheels. I saw one on the road last week and boy did I have car envy. I think I need to get out more. :oops:
Hey Drob50, what are you driving now?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm driving a Ford Modeo until my cactus arrives, a great car, I,ve had it for six years now so time for a change. The lure of the Cactus took me away from a new Ford. Hope I,ve made the right choice.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update - Our Cactus is at the Dealer - picking it up next week don't know what day yet. Will post a photo once we get it home. :D

Registered
Drob50 said:
Update - Our Cactus is at the Dealer - picking it up next week don't know what day yet. Will post a photo once we get it home. :D
Wow that was quick! I ordered mine the last week of January and it won't be here for another 2 weeks, so will have taken 10+ weeks of the projected 6 week wait.

I've always had Ford too, I love them but had a very bad experience with my Fiesta Titanium Diesel a few years back. I bought new and had no problems until month 13 when my car started taking in water. Not just drops, I could paddle my feet in the footwell and it would slosh around all over the shop. I took it back to Ford under warranty, only to find water ingress is covered for 12 months only, which lead me to suspect they have a wider issue with this, and they refused to do anything about it. My partner then bought an ST and in month 15 had exactly the same issue - again Ford refused to help and he eventually took the same course of action as me and got rid.

I spent 拢拢拢 at Ford and independent garages trying to locate the leak, but in the end admitted defeat and got shot of it.

I have a DS3 atm, interestingly a mechanic friend told me they're the same engines as Ford before I purchased so it dispelled my initial thoughts of French crap/Shitroen and I've not had any issues in 2+ years and 20k+ on the clock.

Hopefully the Cactus will live up to expectations!

Enjoy your new car! :D

Registered
Yeah this is my first french car having always had mainly Japanese cars (Nissan, Mazda) and a Kia and Vauxhall

So far its been a brilliant experience and to me the Cactus seems very luxurious. Not sure if its because its brand new (not had a new car before) or Citroen are upping their game with build quality. I do like Citroen styling at the moment with the cactus and their other models out their, they are easily some of the more noticeable (in a good way) of the cars on the road

Registered
Come this weekend it will b 11 weeks since I've ordered, getting very impatient now as was only told 6-8 weeks wait, should of had it last week.
It's been in the UK since last Tuesday but have no idea when mine is going to b delivered. I live in southwest not far from Bristol. Apparently they have no control over it, but it would b nice for a time scale as everyday I'm checking my emails waiting eagerly for an update.
Anyone else had the same?
All black with red bits and black wheels 110 flair

Registered
@ METE 78 - YES ! My "wait" described in detail on numerous posts :)
But it's worth it ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well here we are at the end of 10 weeks and after being told by the salesman that our car would be available for pick up Mon/Tues this week. Guess what? Still no car, phoned up today to chase and was told we have been passed over to a different salesguy, funnily enough he didn't know anything, but did find out that the car is actually there but nothings been done with it yet and can we wait until next for a pick appointment. Every so slightly peed off right now. We had been told that this dealer has a good reputation with customers, not feeling the love myself. So the wait goes on.

Registered
Drob50 said:
Well here we are at the end of 10 weeks and after being told by the salesman that our car would be available for pick up Mon/Tues this week. Guess what? Still no car, phoned up today to chase and was told we have been passed over to a different salesguy, funnily enough he didn't know anything, but did find out that the car is actually there but nothings been done with it yet and can we wait until next for a pick appointment. Every so slightly peed off right now. We had been told that this dealer has a good reputation with customers, not feeling the love myself. So the wait goes on.
Wish I only had to wait 10 weeks, me and a lot of others on here had to wait 16 weeks. Hang on in there its within your grasp ;)

Registered
Drob50 said:
I feel your pain. Mine was due to arrive the first week of March, I heard nothing but then received an email to tell me the salesman I dealt with had left the business. I then confirmed a handover date of the 31st March, but again heard nothing despite me contacting them to see if it was still going ahead. I've now been told it will be ready for pickup after the 14th April. I've told them I'll collect at the End of April.....that gives them plenty of time, but if its still not ready then, I'll just cancel my order.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OMG - Can't believe it but we have actually got our car. I picked it up this morning - Red/Black with Black Wheels and leather trim. Well happy so far, will post some photos in the gallery tomorrow. :D

Registered
Drob50 said:
OMG - Can't believe it but we have actually got our car. I picked it up this morning - Red/Black with Black Wheels and leather trim. Well happy so far, will post some photos in the gallery tomorrow. :D
See, it did happen :lol: happy day's :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts