Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can all you owners share if you have found any secrets with your cactus and share with us all :) things like new cubby holes or a new setting on the touch screen or anything really ;)

Tony

·
Registered
725 Posts
I did realise yesterday that I had been struggling unnecessarily to open the boot. I have been pressing the release and pulling up, thinking "this is a bit stiff" all you need do is press and hold the release and it pops open.

·
Registered
116 Posts
In wet weather, pressing the rear de-mister button will heat the mirrors, thus clearing off the rain a bit and helping to keep them clear. Maybe an obvious one, but I find the ventilation so good in this car that I don't generally need the rear de-mister much for the rear screen. :)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Great idea for a thread and will make interesting reading.

The only thing so far I have found was the eco mode (engine stop start) was the engine started again with the car just rolling forward without me engaging cluth or gear.... Just rolled forward a little bit as I was on a hill and engine started

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Not really a secret as other cars have it but turning the indicator stalk either way will put the corresponding side light on when parking on a dark dodgy area

·
Registered
735 Posts
My wife has a blue badge and I leave her in the car while I pop here and there. Unless I remember to open the windows before I remove the key it's always been a swear word :( Today I just opened the rear windows which is just enough ventilation for this time of year :) And she's now got a more comfortable seat :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
You can still power down the front windows down for a certain amount of time after you've turned the ignition off. Don't know how long tho.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
You can still power down the front windows down for a certain amount of time after you've turned the ignition off. Don't know how long tho.
Yes I know ;) I've sat in the dark watching the illuminated window signs going out (which is when they stop).But there's doesn't seem to be time to take the key out, get out , shut the door, realise you've forgotten the window, open the door and operate the window switch :(

·
Registered
129 Posts
Always been a bit miffed that the clock has been 2 mins slow, I thought cars set it themselves automatically off the RDS signal. It didn't even correct when the clocks went back. Turns out you got to switch on Satellite Synchronisation in the Clock settings, although you can set it manually there too, which I did as I like the car clock a few minutes fast!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Rattlegun said:
Always been a bit miffed that the clock has been 2 mins slow, I thought cars set it themselves automatically off the RDS signal. It didn't even correct when the clocks went back. Turns out you got to switch on Satellite Synchronisation in the Clock settings, although you can set it manually there too, which I did as I like the car clock a few minutes fast!
I was wondering that - so how do you set it with the satellite ?

One tip I would give is when using the washer wiper - just pull for a few seconds then let go and in a second or so it will wash and wipe. When I first got the car I was holding onto the stick for a while wondering why it was taking so long.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cactus secret??? How, after three months, does it still make me smile and feel like the coolest dad on the planet at the same time!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
StevieJ said:
Cactus secret??? How, after three months, does it still make me smile and feel like the coolest dad on the planet at the same time!
Yeah to right..... Went out today with family and autistic son and he was mesmerised by the sat-nav. We were all impressed when it took us on a lot more interesting shorter route on roads I thought I knew.

Brilliant car and makes journeys fun again..... Love it

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Ahhh... Found it. What is UTC time zone

Think I set it right which is very clever.... Another good bit about the cactus

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like the piece on the fuel cap that slots into the housing whilst you fuel the car up. It's always the little things that makes better.

·
Registered
328 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Ahhh... Found it. What is UTC time zone

Think I set it right which is very clever.... Another good bit about the cactus
Universal Time Coordinated. But to the rest of the World it's GMT. Maybe the French do not like the fact the World sets her clocks by us :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
An elderly neighbour complained about the lack of grab handles. I managed to persuade her to try holding on to the roof bar and assisted herself out quite easily :) l later saw 'Doc Martin' grab just the roof as he got out of his Lexus :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
I didn't know what it was so I pressed it anyway and the clock went right.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts