Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we see another Cactus whilst driving about, what is the protocol for acknowledging the other driver?

Is there a special wave we can do so we can identify members (no rude suggestions please)? ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Most of the others I have seen have been whilst both Cacti have been stationary. A nod of the head and a thumbs up has gone down well so far :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't give up ! I'll wave :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you see a blue lagoon flair flashing it's lights at you it will probably be me

·
Registered
472 Posts
Probably had no more that 2 or 3 waves in over a year up and down the country. I think there's only a small percentage of cactus owners are on this forum. I should imagine most don't bother with 'forums' for their chosen wheels. :shock:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good question...I've hesitated to wave in case they misunderstood. I'll try the next few and see what happens. Rarely see more than one other when I'm on the road - I guess no point waving if on the M25 :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Saw another identical cactus today. 16 plate, white with brown bumps. We were in convoy for 100 yards before he turned off. I waved and he waved back. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Great!

Since we have ours the only Cactus that I have seen was in Karlsruhe in Germany! As I was a pedestrian at the time did not have a set of headlamps to flash.

Appears that all of the Cacti (Cactuseses?) in West London were away for last weekend when we were enjoying ours.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Passed a purple Cactus exiting Wimpole country estate on Sunday (National Trust place) - gave a friendly wave and got a confused look back :roll:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe a club sticker for the front screen is required so we can wave with confidence of a reply?

·
Registered
735 Posts
JohnYoung said:
bouncingbobby said:
Maybe a club sticker for the front screen is required so we can wave with confidence of a reply?
I used to be in a car club were we all had club stickers in rear window
Not many waves then; John :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
Been away during the weeks but third weekend of driving around West London in our pride and joy.

Prior to collecting it every second car we saw was a Cactus, since collecting it the only other ones that I have seen were a Tapenade Grey parked locally and a Mellow Yellow when I was a pedestrian in Germany.

Have we missed something? Have all the other London Cacti been recalled? Is there a West London hide and seek game going on that we should be aware of?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I saw an identical obsidian stealth ( all black) on the day after I bought mine, didn't wave back, but we were passing on a rather busy junction !
On another note, I was driving the car back from the dealer, first time in a car alone after passing my test on the North Circular ( in at the deepend or what?!!!) and while queuing at the lights, the car was getting heavily checked out by a Nissan Juke owner ( probably thinking "shit! I think we bought the wrong car!!,")

1 - 20 of 35 Posts