Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Not wanting to buy a brand new cactus but struggling to find the one I want within a reasonable distance from where I live. One of the requirements is a panoramic sunroof. Do you know if you can get one fitted on a used cactus?
Many thanks

G

·
jrd1 said:
Thanks. Didn't expect it to be in the thousands if was possible! Either going to have to buy new or travel bit further!
You can get a new one for 3k off list with an online dealer, prob cheaper than a nearly new one and you can get what you want then.
I think what Rattlegun means is that you can get a new Cactus from an online broker for 3K less than the cost of a new one from a dealer.

So possibly you could get a new one including sunroof from a broker for the same price as a nearly new one from a dealer.

I think that's what he means anyway.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is the only regret about buying a used Cactus I have, having 2 young kids in the back with tinted rear windows.......! oh well, you live and learn!
I got the 1.2L Pure Tech Flair Obsidian for £11k 6 months old ( 5k on the clock) so I did get a good deal.....
If it seems like something I should have, I might be tempted to trade my Flair in for one with the sunroof.
My only reservation was it being too bright if the kids wanted to sleep.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think the list for my 1.2 Flair Obsidian without pano roof was £19k. so £11k means a big loss for someone. But if you trade in you will take another loss.

I expect to retire soon and hope to buy my company car Cactus. But if they do not offer it to me at a sensible price I will have to look around for one like yours for £11k.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As rattlegun said, go for a broker or online dealer, do not bother with a nearly new or a ex demo when you can get a new one built to your spec for the same price.
The days of the main dealer are numbered.
I checked out what mine was worth as a trade in last week and if I had paid list I would have effectively lost £6k in a year, having used a broker it's a lot more sensible figure.

·
Registered
211 Posts
£12k will get you a 2015 Cactus with pano sunroof at Motorpoint, I was on a tight budget, but wanted nearly new to have that piece of mind of 2yr+ warranty, so I got an obsidian black Flair ( no sunroof ) 6 months old. As a new driver, insurance, road tax 2 child car seats and whatever extra car related gubbins will push my expenditure to almost £1k on top of the £11k I paid for the Cactus, so the sunroof was the sacrifice I had to make, as I don't really need to commute in the car, and will mainly be using it weekends, and the odd weekday here and there, I'm not really going to miss it, but would I want one? Hell yes!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.