Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Not wanting to buy a brand new cactus but struggling to find the one I want within a reasonable distance from where I live. One of the requirements is a panoramic sunroof. Do you know if you can get one fitted on a used cactus?
Many thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
You can get a new one for 3k off list with an online dealer, prob cheaper than a nearly new one and you can get what you want then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Didn't expect it to be in the thousands if was possible! Either going to have to buy new or travel bit further!

G

·
jrd1 said:
Thanks. Didn't expect it to be in the thousands if was possible! Either going to have to buy new or travel bit further!
You can get a new one for 3k off list with an online dealer, prob cheaper than a nearly new one and you can get what you want then.
I think what Rattlegun means is that you can get a new Cactus from an online broker for 3K less than the cost of a new one from a dealer.

So possibly you could get a new one including sunroof from a broker for the same price as a nearly new one from a dealer.

I think that's what he means anyway.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Or you could always go for an ex demo like we did. Has all the extras and saved thousands on buying it brand new. Only extra it doesn't have is leather/heated seats.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is the only regret about buying a used Cactus I have, having 2 young kids in the back with tinted rear windows.......! oh well, you live and learn!
I got the 1.2L Pure Tech Flair Obsidian for £11k 6 months old ( 5k on the clock) so I did get a good deal.....
If it seems like something I should have, I might be tempted to trade my Flair in for one with the sunroof.
My only reservation was it being too bright if the kids wanted to sleep.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think the list for my 1.2 Flair Obsidian without pano roof was £19k. so £11k means a big loss for someone. But if you trade in you will take another loss.

I expect to retire soon and hope to buy my company car Cactus. But if they do not offer it to me at a sensible price I will have to look around for one like yours for £11k.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As rattlegun said, go for a broker or online dealer, do not bother with a nearly new or a ex demo when you can get a new one built to your spec for the same price.
The days of the main dealer are numbered.
I checked out what mine was worth as a trade in last week and if I had paid list I would have effectively lost £6k in a year, having used a broker it's a lot more sensible figure.

·
Registered
211 Posts
£12k will get you a 2015 Cactus with pano sunroof at Motorpoint, I was on a tight budget, but wanted nearly new to have that piece of mind of 2yr+ warranty, so I got an obsidian black Flair ( no sunroof ) 6 months old. As a new driver, insurance, road tax 2 child car seats and whatever extra car related gubbins will push my expenditure to almost £1k on top of the £11k I paid for the Cactus, so the sunroof was the sacrifice I had to make, as I don't really need to commute in the car, and will mainly be using it weekends, and the odd weekday here and there, I'm not really going to miss it, but would I want one? Hell yes!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts