Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually go to my local car wash, they use a jet washer. I have just ordered my cactus and heard about white marks appearing on the airbumps? Is it safe to still visit my local car wash or shall I clean it myself?

G

·
Depending on what model you have you shouldn't use a high pressure jet because of the front and rear parking sensors, if fitted. To be on the safe side I use my own pressure washer on low and have no problem with the air bumps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the flair with self park, you would advise not to visit a proper car wash then?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Perhaps someone had a bad experience with getting white wax polish on them which might get into the texture of the surface giving it that white fleck look, like you see on badly polished cars where its on the door handles an whatnot.

I don't know why people use pressure washers anyway, I've always found you can point them at dirt film and nothing happens but it wipes away with your finger! It's all down to the detergent you use I guess.

G

·
madon said:
I've got the flair with self park, you would advise not to visit a proper car wash then?
I have the self park as well and personally I wouldn't. As long as you don't let your car get too dirty it doesn't take too long to do.

I agree with Rattlegun you cannot beat a proper hand wash with a proper good quality wash mitt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.