Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit disappointed with the drivers carpet. After 7500 miles it has a hole in it.

Automotive tire Road surface Sleeve Asphalt Grey

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Is that the carpet mats or the carpet itself?

It looks like the former and mine is starting to go similar....the white dust especially.

I would imagine that the accessories will have a 12m warranty. Might be worth a try for replacement - be prepared for the wear and tear argument.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I bought some cheapie rubber mats £10 ish just to put over the matching Habana mats simply to make 'em last a bit longer. I know it covers them up, but its just another bit of protection for not much money

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's a bit dark so I will look at mine in the morning.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My carpets are fine, I have done just over 6000 miles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at the mat in situ, the ribbed re-enforced part is half-way up the bulkhead and under the pedals. Surely this part should be on the floor where your feet and heels go. There are two fastenings so I haven't positioned it wrongly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know this is an old thread but thought I would add this. I have no rear mats and it seemed a false economy to just get the rears. There are the standard and deluxe car mats sets and I splashedout on the delux. Old floor mats had just over 12k miles and it is thinning at the same point as earlier picture. Whilst the deluxe isn't much thicker it feels much firmer. Smoother pile does feel better. The 3d decal looks good and is practical, the C4 Cactus stiching has lost its shine. Whilst I do need to see how they wear I like this addition to the car. K

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
My advice to anyone looking for new carpets is "be flexible". If you see a set that you like but they don't have the fixing clips (probably) then don't worry because you can get them off and fit them to the new set.
I used a perfectly good set from a C3 but as their clips were in a different position (set further apart) I simply moved them. Yes I'm left with extra holes but as they're under the seat you don't see them.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
I got a full set from Halfrauds generic fit for £7.99 and still going strong

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Again an old post but my Cactus has only covered 40,000 miles and is just over two years old, on 2nd set of Citreon car mats and the carpet underneath has also gone!!!!!!!
Citreon's response -my fault normal wear and tear!

Just how long do they expect anyone to own a car for?

·
Registered
72 Posts
johnt1907 said:
Again an old post but my Cactus has only covered 40,000 miles and is just over two years old, on 2nd set of Citroen car mats and the carpet underneath has also gone!!!!!!!
Citroen's response -my fault normal wear and tear!

Seems like the answer to this is as long as the carpets last :lol: :lol:
I would question it again, I got Citroen , not the dealer , to replace the whole carpet and mats.citroen did seem as if they were going to say "you have used third party mats not the official Citroen mats" but when they saw they were the official and provided by the dealer they had no choice

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would question it again, I got Citroen , not the dealer , to replace...
[/quote]

How did you contact Citroen ? It often seems that bypassing the dealer would be a good idea.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i went to the dealer and they contacted citroen and then they replaced it, but my sisterin law has had other issues with he car and contacted citroen UK on facebook and that got a result

I am trying at the moment to get citroen to acknowledge that there is a problem with Bluetooth and siri but i keep getting the "its not a feature" reply

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.