Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a letter today telling me my cactus catalytic converter may not conform to the vehicle technical specification.
It tells me I should call my dealer. Anyone know what this is about and how many people are affected?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Postman just been and no letter for me yet. Are you from the UK and what engine does yours have?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have heard something today about Volkswagens in the USA for giving wrong emissions readings by a device masking them built in the cars.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That is on diesel versions only by the way. A full summary is on the RT news site.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Worst case scenario for VW is "The EPA said Volkswagen could face other action and fines for the alleged breach of the Clean Air Act. The maximum fine for violations of the act is $37,500 per vehicle, which works out to a maximum possible fine as high as $18bn."
From what they were saying on Sky F1 today if they get fined that much the rumoured takeover of Red Bull may not happen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a diesel and not heard anything as yet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can't register as it says my vehicle cannot be found - from either the VIN or reg no. Has anyone managed to sign up successfully?

·
Registered
725 Posts
StevieJ said:
Can't register as it says my vehicle cannot be found - from either the VIN or reg no. Has anyone managed to sign up successfully?
I did. No problem.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Give up, still says my vehicle cannot be found. Strange considering it's registered ok on the MyCitroen site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also received the same letter ( C4 Cactus PureTech 82 manual Feel - 64 reg ) asking me to contact the dealer.
When checking my reg on the http://www.citroenrecalls.co.uk - it says "there are no known safety recalls on that vehicle"

wonder if anyone else got it?

BTW, can't got to the dealer as my cactus is still in the garage (almost 2 months now!) - waiting for the new glass roof to be delivered from france
as the old one was shattered during a big hail storm we had at the beggining of July in Durham....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can't either!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received the same letter. Citroen have checked the car and said it needs new spec cat. I was assured by the dealer that this issue would not have affected the car in any way and it is safe to drive whilst they order the part. I am going to insist that they confirm this in writing though so that I have something for the service history incase things go wrong in the future.

juicey70
Deep purple puretech 82 with red mirrors/stripe
upgraded black alloys

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also received a letter stating the catalytic converter MAY not conform to the technical specification of my car!!!!!! The word MAY changes the whole context of the sentence!!! CITROEN must know if the parts they use conform or not BEFORE the model goes into production!!!!I Phoned the DEALER and spoke to TWO sales reps who knew NOTHING about the recall QUALITY CAMPAIGN NKW? Obviously the left-hand does not know what the right-hand is doing. I eventually succeeded in getting it booked in for 1/10/2015. I asked bluntly if this was anything to do with the V.W. debacle!!!! My question remained unanswered---actively side-stepped.
My chariot is PureTech 82 manual in Hello Yellow with black mirrors, bumps & and roof bars. She is a stunner----a head turner, but I have no-one to wave to as I have only seen ONE in Edinburgh.Every time I park her I am guaranteed to return to a group who fire off 20 questions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The plot thicken SHERLOCK!! In a post by Cactus4us on 24/9/2015 he/she quotes from a letter received from Citroen giving the reason for the delay in delivery of his/her new car as being due to CO2 constraints resulting in (halt in production) my interpretation in brackets. Read Cactus4us's post. Am I right/wrong in linking this up with the recall for Catalytic Converters which MAY not conform to the technical specifiation of the vehicle. I like Cactus4us's spirit in asking and receiving compensation for the delay. I will be following this example. My recall letter stated this was free of charge!!! What about the petrol required to get there and back and the need to take time off work or out of your life, or the need to return if they don't have the necessary part???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also received the same letter ( C4 Cactus PureTech 82 manual Feel ) asking me to contact the dealer.

Bengt
Luleå Sweden

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thank you KoolKat1-he appreciates your comments ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
KoolKat1 said:
I also received a letter stating the catalytic converter MAY not conform to the technical specification of my car!!!!!! The word MAY changes the whole context of the sentence!!! CITROEN must know if the parts they use conform or not BEFORE the model goes into production!!!!I .
Citroen do not manufacture the CAT, they will be supplied to them via a manufacturer. Quality control measures will be in place at Citroen to assure that the product they are receiving is fit for purpose and to the correct tollerances and specification. Through testing it has been identified that they are not to spec hence the letter landing on the door mat.

The manufacturer of the CATwill also conduct Quality Assurance and Control on their own products to make sure that a quality product is being delivered. At some point during the design or manufacture, something has gone a miss and has been picked up through either the manaufacturer or Citroen in house testing. As the CAT is a mass produced part and delivered in batches they have no doubt identified the batch of CATS and narrowed it down to a specific build run.

I think we need to keep this all in context, Citroen have contacted you and will be changing the CAT FOC as they wish to ensure your car is within the specification it was originally design to meet. Cars are subject to recall for various items.... my Abarth 500 was, my previous Citroen C4 was and the Ford Focus before that. An inconvinience yes, a problem...not really.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the letter too. I notice that everyone on here who's had the letter has a PureTech 82 so I suspect other engines are not affected. At least not yet.

I would also be astounded if this had any impact on safety whatsoever. As suggested above by BristolRich it is more than likely just some manufacturing specification/tolerance issue that has lead to the recall, and may result in increased unwanted emissions. Given the focus on such things following the VW situation, I imagine that Citroen don't want to fall foul of any legislation.

Other than the hassle of getting the car into the dealer this is pretty insignificant.

My only concern would be if the performance is reduced by the new CAT. Having only 82 horse to play with already, I don't want to lose any more! My car is booked in for Tuesday so I guess I'll find out then.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts